1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maybe this is stupid......

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tan1415, Feb 23, 2003.

1. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in an appartment building. on the toplevel.
    I don't want to really **** off my neighbours.
    I have been looking into subwoofers and a lot of them are downfiring models.

I guess if you live in a flat it's not a good idea to buy a downfiring sub right?
    Or doesn't it really matter wheter it's a sidefiring or downfiring model?

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I don't think it will matter that much whether it is down firing or not lfe finds a way.
    I live in a ground floor flat so I can hear the couple above getting up to all kinds of things even breaking wind ! - ( I'll leave that to your imagination) as long as you don't take the **** by playing saving prvate ryan at unreasonable hours you should be ok.
    I haven't had any complaints though I will be swapping my crappy Eltax A6 for a Velo CHT-10. It's give and take in situations like this - whos to say the bloke below u won't go out and by a 500w monster tomorrow?

3. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Accomodation rules here say no unreasonable noise after 11pm, so up until 11pm I make unreasonable noise, and afterwards I dig out my Senheisers. No kids around here thankfully, so no problems.

I'm at uni, I think noise is expected!

Moving into a house with some mates next year, so I might have to start behaving myself again.