MAYBE SOLVED - ITV Hub log in problem on Humax FVP 5000T

A1944

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a Humax FVP 5000T Freeview PVR, which has ITV Hub as one of its Apps. I have used it previously, but not for a few months.

Now, when I try to use it, it fails to login with my correct credentials, giving me an error message which just says that there is "something wrong" with ITV Hub without going into any detail and advises contacting their email address which I have done.

I have confirmed that my Internet connection on the PVR is OK by checking the operation of BBC iPlayer which is working correctly. I have successfully accessed ITV Hub on my laptop using the same credentials and I have carefully re-entered them into the PVR without success. I also tried changing the password via the laptop and entering that on the PVR.

I carried out an email verification process with ITV Hub using the laptop this morning.

I have raised a query on the myHumax forum but as yet have had no replies.

While I await advice from ITV Hub or the other forum can anyone here come up with any ideas?

Last edited:
I have a Humax FVP 5000T Freeview PVR, which has ITV Hub as one of its Apps. I have used it previously, but not for a few months.

Now, when I try to use it, it fails to login with my correct credentials, giving me an error message which just says that there is "something wrong" with ITV Hub without going into any detail and advises contacting their email address which I have done.

I have confirmed that my Internet connection on the PVR is OK by checking the operation of BBC iPlayer which is working correctly. I have successfully accessed ITV Hub on my laptop using the same credentials and I have carefully re-entered them into the PVR without success. I also tried changing the password via the laptop and entering that on the PVR.

I carried out an email verification process with ITV Hub using the laptop this morning.

I have raised a query on the myHumax forum but as yet have had no replies.

While I await advice from ITV Hub or the other forum can anyone here come up with any ideas?

Does your password contain any characters that aren't letters or numbers or is excessively long ?

No, the original one was 6 lower case letters, the new one is 8 lower case letters and 2 numbers.

Not so much of a problem now, I found that the programme I wanted was repeated and I recorded it . However, for the future, I wouldn't mind discovering the answer.

Last edited:
I still have not got a solution.

I had a reply from ITV and, apparently, when I try to sign in on the hub on the box I should be provided with a 6 digit number, but that is when I get the error message attached here. If I try to sign in manually I get a slightly different "Whoops" message, but just as unhelpful.

I have passed this info back to ITV and await a reply.

Attachments

• 2018-09-20 15.43.59.jpg
    2018-09-20 15.43.59.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,449
They just suggested switching the box off at the mains and then back on again which had no effect. Square One!

I had another reply from ITV yesterday. Apparently they are still looking into the problem and asked me to send them a screenshot of the ITV Hub Information page which pops up if you key 0000888 with the PVR remote while on the Hub home page.

Not yet. They are very slow to reply, so I don't expect t hear anything for several more days.

You could try emailing the address at the bottom of the error message to see if you get any different response to me. Maybe you can include a screenshot of the message in the email.

I have the same problem, even tried setting up a new account, still no success.
First time I set up I remember entering a pairing code. This does not appear now.
Checked software updates etc. Reset ITV hub still unable to sign in.
Has anyone had any luck yet?

I will recheck when I have a chance and will report back.

Are you getting the same message that I showed in post 5?

Yes, it's that 'whoops' message. It doesn't say the credentials are wrong, it just says try again later. But it's been 3 months like that.

Just rechecked and no change. Still getting the "Whoops" message (as per post 5) when I try to sign in.

Edit: I also tried the manual sign in again with no success, as before. Just got a similar looking, but different, "Whoops" message with one button (OK) instead of the three.

Last edited:
I got a Humax hdr1100s today, updated software and am having exactly the same issue with the same pop up. No problem whatsoever with BBC iPlayer. Emailed Humax and itv awaiting reply

Itv replied with a reset your password link (no issue with password) tried to log in again to take photos for them and straight away was presented with the code to pair my device. All sorted for me now

Still no change here with the 5000T. The latest I have had from itv, in reply to sending them some technical screen shots they requested, was:

"We are currently looking into this issue, we don't have a fix that will work just yet. I have passed on this information to our techincal (sic) team to investigate further."

Hi guys, not sure if it's a fix for everyone, but I found that if I connected my 5000T to my regular tv via hdmi ,I could then get the code number up on screen and enter it on my laptop.
Once it was accepted, I disconnected the 5000T from the tv and power supply, then hooked it up to my amplifier and projector.
On opening up ITV hub on my projector screen I found I now had full and constant access.

Hope this helps.

Same problem here.
I have just purchased a Humax FVP-5000T and am getting the same problem signing into the ITV Hub.
When trying to access the ITV Hub I am unable to sign in.
Please see the screen captures below.
First screen:

upload_2018-10-24_16-24-54.png

After selecting Sign In I get the following screen:

upload_2018-10-24_16-25-39.png

Selecting ‘Retry’ produces the same ‘Whoops’ screen.

Selecting ‘Manual Sign-in’ results in me entering my id and password but then the ‘Whoops’ screen appears again.

The box has been updated to the latest software.
I have tried powering off / on the box and the router and reset the ITV Hub but the issue remains.

I have no problem logging on to the ITV Hub on the Samsung Smart TV app so it is definitely an issue with the Humax box.

I have sent an email to [email protected] detailing the problem and would suggest we all do the same.
I'll post any reply I receive.

Last edited:
I reset my password for the iTV Hub using a PC. Just logged in without any problems using my 5000T. Virgin broadband service. I would talk to your internet service provider, it could be some sort of content lock like Virgin provide for kids in the family.

I'm actually setting this box up for a friend, I have tried changing her ITV Hub password via her tablet but it made no difference.
Also, the fact I can sign in to the ITV Hub via her Samsung Smart TV in another room points to the problem being with the Humax 5000T box rather than the broadband service.
Thanks for your input though.

I'm actually setting this box up for a friend, I have tried changing her ITV Hub password via her tablet but it made no difference.
Also, the fact I can sign in to the ITV Hub via her Samsung Smart TV in another room points to the problem being with the Humax 5000T box rather than the broadband service.
Thanks for your input though.

Are both devices on the same subnet. If one is direct connected and the other Wi-Fi they may not be.

I decided to email [email protected] as well and have just received this reply.

Good Afternoon!
Thank you for contacting ITV Hub.
Unfortunately we're experiencing an issue with the Sign in screen, where by users can't sign as the message reads "oops something went wrong".
This has been generally occurring on Humax box's.
We have been conducting an investigation for this particular issue.
Our technical team are still under going an investigation to resolve the issue.
I appreciate you taking the time to read this email and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.
Many Thanks,

Viewer Support

ITV Viewer Support | ITV plc
Tel: 0344 88 14150 - Option 2 | [email protected]
Hours of Opening: 09.00 - 20.00 Mon-Fri, 10.00 - 20.00 Sat. Closed on Sundays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day & Easter Monday.
ITV plc Head Office Tel +44 (0) 20 7157 3000 itv.com

Have now received a reply from Humax, I will be supplying them with the information requested.

Hi

Thank you for contacting Humax.

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with your on demand service we are aware of an issue with ITV Hub and accessing its player. ITV are also aware of the issue and are working on the issue regrettably we have no further information at present. In order to help facilitate the resolution of this issue if you could provide the following it will allow us to hopefully resolve the issue quicker.

The software version and model number can both be found in system information under settings.
  • Software Version =
  • Model Number =
  • Name and Email Address =
  • Do ITV have their permission to contact them directly? Yes/No

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

For further help please visit www.humaxdigital.com or www.humaxdirect.co.uk.
Here you will find:
FAQ's & Product information
Live Chat function

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom