Maybe, just maybe.....

daftpunk1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
England will go out. What a **** poor performance tonight. LEt's hope they will just sink against Slovenia. Rooney never even had a shot. The only player scoring was john terry and that was with his teammates partner lol. I'll sleep good tonight, who's with me

I think they will go out, and rightfully so. they have been nothing short of downright embarrassing. I think in the last matches of the group, the USA will beat algeria, and slovenia will beat us.

Yep, I have Slovenia to win the group so if the others match up I'll be collecting over 3k. Done serbia to win too so another good pick I think.

I think they will go out, and rightfully so. they have been nothing short of downright embarrassing. I think in the last matches of the group, the USA will beat algeria, and slovenia will beat us.

We have been very poor but so have many of the other "big" teams
Italy, France, Spain, England have all had horrible starts. Germany have lost to Serbia and there is every chance portugal won't get through if they lose to Brazil.

To think a few months ago when the world cup teams were drawn, this was the Headline.

2ii8l94.jpg

Next week you will not be singing "Football's coming Home" but "England's Coming Home" :rolleyes:

We have been very poor but so have many of the other "big" teams
Italy, France, Spain, England have all had horrible starts. Germany have lost to Serbia and there is every chance portugal won't get through if they lose to Brazil.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, I genuinely don't, but the only part of that post that should matter to any proud england supporter, is the first 5 words. we as a nation shouldn't be caring what everyone else is (or in the case of the teams you mentioned aren't) doing, and we shouldn't be using their performances to excuse the performance of our own team.

when you cut through all the sensationalism and get down to the nitty gritty, england have bombed in this world cup. I am more embarrassed by their performances in this world cup than I was at the results from the euro 88 finals. we were gifted the weakest group in the draw, and for whatever reason, our national team has come up short. considering the supposed wealth of talent (as the press and fans of the respective players clubs would try to have us believe), the opening 2 games should have yielded nothing less than at least 4 points by this stage.

as I said, we shouldn't be looking towards what other big teams have been doing as a vain distraction. we shouldn't be caring whether portugal, france et al get through or not while england are themselves perilously close to being dumped out of the weakest group.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom