Maybe a good DVD Player for Optoma Owners

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Lion could you do me a favour and purchase a RD50/RD65 and test with a working JVC dvd player. If its not too much bother.

Cheers :thumbsup:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

To be honest this thread is only applicable to 3 people. There is talk of a 4th member soon, estimated time of arrival unknown. :hiya:

If optoma dont sell anymore RD65's the cabinets could be used for a good punchy and juddy shows. :rotfl:

http://www.themescene.tv/PDF/RD65/RD65FaxableDS.pdf

You would still need a pc to prevent judder..... :clap:

Sorry for silly post.

They normally put cheap play back hardware in dvd recorders to get the price down. I have a 5 year old Sony DVP 725 and a new Panasonic DMR E55 and the picture on the Sony walks all over the panasonic. The JVC deck looked nice and is packed with features, I like the neon blue. I have this on my amp and dvd player. :)

I have just ordered a Kiss 1000 for the bedroom :)

Razor sometimes they say that but it still stays at 60Hrz & its just the colour space changed to the Pal version.
And thanks for the pause tip on the remote control :thumbsup:

Opps. I suppose thats not cheap at all. It should of been a lot better than the samsung or a least on par. Are you going to get another dvd recorder or have you considerd a HTPC such as a Elonex, a few hunderd more but more versatile and a bigger hard drive.

and pseudo pal means it can output either 50hz or 60hz, turned on or off via the onscreen menu :D
Pseudo pal i think means it stays at 60 Hrz but the colour space is changed to pal.

LG has no pc input :eek: Didnt know that. In fact I dont think I have seen your set in the stores.

I bought my pioneer dmre55 under a year ago and I have hardly used it. I am glad I didnt go for the dmre85 with the built in hard drive. I was going to send the e55 back to upgrade but couldnt be bothered with the hassel.

You would indeed get a pal copy with your little setup.

Oh by the way my sky plus box has gone again I'm on my second unit. The first one went wrong after 13 months and the second went on the 4th month of a 3 month warrenty. Are you seeing the patern.... junk. :mad:

More news.

Just recieved this post from the dvd forum regarding a dvd outputing pal50 from ntsc. This was the reply.

rickardl said:
If I feed an NTSC disc to my Pioneer DV575, it will output fH 31.50Khz and fV 59.93hz.
If I tell it to convert it to PAL, it will output fH 31.30Khz and fV 49.99Hz which
is the same if I use a PAL disc with no conversion turned on.

The figures are reported by my Sony LCD proj (component cables).

I cant remember who had a 575 and a rd50, I think it was locky. :clap:

Looks like 100% proof and another solution. :)

Hey, I've got Pio 575 and RD50. I'll give it a shot to see if it works...got my fingers crossed.

cheers van :)

Well, it works well enough for me. It illiminated 90% to 95% of judder. I have briefly tested R1 Braveheart and R1 X-men. At certain pan speeds and conditions it is still noticeable but on the whole it deals with R1 judder issue sufficiently for me, woohoo.

Van300 said:
Well, it works well enough for me. It illiminated 90% to 95% of judder. I have briefly tested R1 Braveheart and R1 X-men. At certain pan speeds and conditions it is still noticeable but on the whole it deals with R1 judder issue sufficiently for me, woohoo.
Seem to rember it was bigric & he said the same as Van
I suppose it depends on how big your DVD R1 collection is and how picky you are.

Ive just read that the Pioneer 470 does the same job as the panasonic.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom