1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May be dreaming again

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Astaroth, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I have an oldish Panasonic DVD player (S75) which I do not really want to replace as it works fine and I am uncertain what will happen with HD.

The player is currently not multi-region but I thought I seem to remember someone saying that Region 2 players are 'also' Region 3 - whilst I could go out and buy a region 3 disk I dont really want to waste my time & money if it doesnt work.

Does any one know if this is the case (I cant see anything on the player or manual to say and I no longer have the box) or have I been dreaming :boring: again?

Cheers

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I think you've been on the dodgy herb extract again. ;) .. I've only got 2 R3s and both demanded my player be set to R3 when it wasn't in MR mode .. and they're NTSC, if that's something that's a problem for you.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    NTSC would not be a problem, needing to be to be set to R3 would as mine is not MR.

Ack well, there goes that idea... will have to find some better herb extract next time

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If you've got a PC you could always rip and burn. :)

5. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Hmm.... that may be an idea.... at the moment it doesnt have a DVD-r drive in it as it is also an aging relic of my student days (I have a laptop for work and so have never felt the need to replace my own pc - keep saying I should sell it but I dont have a clue how much a system which is 1/2 server 1/2 home PC would go for)

The again to get one of the remotes that free the region will probably be cheaper and then when the DVD player is replaced I will go for MR out the box...

Thanks for the suggestion KraGorn