May 2014 Photo Competition - Launch and Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well done Vigmandingo for winning April's competition on the theme of "Through a Childs Eyes" with this picture here :thumbsup:

For May he has chosen the theme "Watches, clocks and other timepieces".

As always

And TBC Gordon @ for his offer of a free ISF calibration to a TV/Projector of your choice.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

That's it :)

Closing date is Wednesday 28th May at about 6pm'ish

Ahh, much more my bag :)

Not so sure M, might only be a few. I'll certainly be trying the 105 macro for a couple of ideas I've got, but I already have some other ideas, which is a bit strange for me so early on in the month....

Thanks for all the votes this month. I expected none to be honest, just goes to show.

I love my watches, owning a couple of expensive ones and a couple that wife would class as excessive! :confused:

Just bought myself some macro kit, so will look at that initially, though don't forget - clocks needn't be small. I'm off to London with the kids this BH weekend, there's a photogenic next to the Thames. ;)

Hope everyone has fun with this.

Cool theme, thanks, shame rockchick can't enter her April entry again, would have fitted well imo.

Cool theme, thanks, shame rockchick can't enter her April entry again, would have fitted well imo.

Huh? Wasn't her April entry a dandelion fluff ball? :) Not sure how that would fit on clocks, watches and other time pieces? Unless you referred to the tittle? :)

Huh? Wasn't her April entry a dandelion fluff ball? :) Not sure how that would fit on clocks, watches and other time pieces? Unless you referred to the tittle? :)

Pretty sure they are also often referred to as Dandelion Clocks, hence why it might fit the theme ;)

Had considered re taking something similar ;)
Pretty sure they are also often referred to as Dandelion Clocks, hence why it might fit the theme ;)
Yes they are called Dandelion Clocks, that was why I had titled my April entry "TIME to wonder" :)

Yep, the number of blows that it took to remove all of the seeds = the time in hours - IIRC in my dim and distant childhood. No scientific evidence AFAIK but fun anyway when you are six.

Damn there goes my idea for this month, back to the drawing board :)

I didn't think anyone got to reserve an idea just for themselves in this competition :) If you have an idea and someone else has the same idea, just make sure you'll do it better ;)
Very true, although I must admit that if someone had already entered an idea I was thinking of I'd think of something else. Probably because the chances are their's would be better ;)

That is SO utterly British!
That's because I am SO utterly British ;) Plus I have to be realistic and appreciate I've only been doing it a relatively short space of time :)

That is SO utterly Brit |Snerk-ish!

;)

...but I don't think that - for me at least - it's a worry about "my version" being better/worse it's more about not wanting to plagiarise (or to be seen to) an idea - even if I was thinking of it independently....

;)

...but I don't think that - for me at least - it's a worry about "my version" being better/worse it's more about not wanting to plagiarise (or to be seen to) an idea - even if I was thinking of it independently....
There's always that too. I must admit, it has affected my judging if someone posts an idea that's already been posted. It shouldn't really, but part of me judges on originality and ideas and so if the idea's been done before it loses out in this aspect.

that was what I was getting at rather than the better or worse.

Also two shots with a very similar idea would split votes assuming they were of a similar standard so we'd both lose out....that's ow the x factor works anyway :)

this should be a good one.

looking forward to the standard "doesn't fit the theme" posts :thumbsup:

this should be a good one.

looking forward to the standard "doesn't fit the theme" posts :thumbsup:

...whereas I'm looking forward to the standard "doesn't fit the theme" entries..... ;)

I seem to be shooting everything but the theme related pictures this month :/ Hopefully I'll manage something at some point. So far I haven't been anywhere near anything that I could've considered.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom