1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxx-100/CS-1 Need help with Component output to HD Cable Box

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by schmidtsm, Jun 30, 2005.

1. schmidtsm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I am having an issue. My HDTV digital cable box is not being recognizing by the scaler (Maxx-100 which is a Focus Center Stage-1). I tried using the interlaced component A and B on the scaler and is produces a brownish gray screen. I would like to take the 1080i from the cable box and scale it down to 720P via RBG to my projector. I get a decent picture from S-Video on the cable box to the scaler, but no picture out of component. Do you have any suggestions? Have you had any problems like this? Is there some trick or setting that I need to adjust?

I have read up on HDCP input on the scaler and I am slightly confused. Could I buy a HDCP to DVI from my DVD or Digital cable box to the scaler then out via RBG to my Nec PG 6? My understanding is no. Digital in Digital out. Is this thinking correct? If so, is there a work around or solution.

All in all I am very happy with the scaler I would appreciate your assistance with the questions I have.