1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum Scart Length

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by nits2004, Mar 22, 2005.

1. nits2004

nits2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Prob a rubbish question but i am not very technical. I Got a plasma screen which i want to wall mount. There are 2 Scart connections on it. I already have sky digital, but now the scart from Sky box to TV is too short. What us the maximum length scart cable to use. would 5m be bad quality? i have heard that Gold plated oxygen free cables are fine. Can anyone advise me please. The cable is going to go up into the ceiling and back down behind wall so 5m is prob only size i can get.

Thanks

2. ChrisThwaites

ChrisThwaites

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    10m scarts are avaliable - i use twin screened oxygen free ones (gold flashed) - Never had a problem with them, the cheaper ones i got a bit of interferance with mains (only thing i could put it down to). But these ones were fine.

3. nits2004

nits2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks chris. i was just worried that the longer the cable, the worse the reception you got. thanks for your help

4. ChrisThwaites

ChrisThwaites

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want one i can supply?

5. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    The longer the cable the greater the chance of signal degridation and the greater the chance of picking up interferance from other sources.

Buying a higher quality cable will reduce the problems and trying to make sure you arent passing near mains ring etc will help.