Max Volume Query on Apple Mobile Devices

Crank090865

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After trying countless brands of wired ear buds at various price levels with Apple mobile devices and Spotify with no luck. I have stumbled across a pair that actually work for me. The wired buds cost just £3 from Wish.com!

Allow me to explain, I use a cochlear implant and by rights I shouldn’t enjoy music - but I do! I have various brands of cans at home that I use indoors. But was looking for something whilst listening to music whilst out and about.

Is there a way of overriding the maximum volume levels on Apple devices so I can get the little bit of extra detail out of these new ear buds? I have already altered the settings on Spotify incidentally.

The volume on EU devices used to be limited by law, not sure if this is still the case but I believe it is.

You could add a DAC/AMP option such as the Fiio I1 - Amazon product ASIN B071R7DYHD
This will add more volume and improve the sound quality a little.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I had and sold one of those recently. As I felt the Fiio DAC made no difference to the sound.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I had and sold one of those recently. As I felt the Fiio DAC made no difference to the sound.

Did it help with the volume? I have DAC's that I use with the Iphone and I can't go above 50-60% most of the time.

Hello,

To me the Fiio made no audible difference when used with Apple devices.

However, when indoors I use a Cyrus Soundkey with the Apple devices and SMSL DAC with my Windows 10 laptop. And they are spot on!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom