max temp for memory and processor

P

philthyanimal

dont seem to be able to keep my pc cool. the temp of my core 2 duo is around 44c while doing nothing rising to about 50c after an hour. try to watch a movie from hdd and gets to 50c after 9minutes.
memory is runing a 45c from start going up to 50c with in na hour. mem goes to around 55c after 9minutes of movie.
is there anything i can do. i've spent a hell of lot of money on this and i cant use it.

what seems to be wrong then? i know you say the tempreatures are that but imo they are fine, with no problems at all.

mines currently run at 65c for processor and 60 for memory and have had no problems! have faith!

dont seem to be able to keep my pc cool. the temp of my core 2 duo is around 44c while doing nothing rising to about 50c after an hour. try to watch a movie from hdd and gets to 50c after 9minutes.
memory is runing a 45c from start going up to 50c with in na hour. mem goes to around 55c after 9minutes of movie.
is there anything i can do. i've spent a hell of lot of money on this and i cant use it.

Why can't you use it?

Why can't you use it?
scared of damaging it:( . so those temps are ok then? just the diagnostics that came with the mother board, pc probe 2, sounds an alarm and the little temp window turns from green to red.

You could just get yourself a better CPU cooler if you're worried, but 40/50 is not an issue.
Getting a definite reading is always tough. I use Intel TAT which seems accepted by many as a good indicator.
My 6400 overclocked to 2800 runs at around 32 idle / 45 load with a Noctua NH12 CPU cooler.

put a couple of case fans in and one of those exhaust things which fills a card slot. mem temp is well down and seems to stay down(should my case fans be blowing in, out or one of each?)
can anyone recommend a good cooler for a c2d. up to about 30-35 quid.

I have one case fan and that exhausts air out of the back of my PC, I think a lot of people will have a similar setup... Where are the fans located?

both fans are at the back, next to each other. the exhauast is as at the back but next the sound card and gfx card.
think thk the fans are working but i need a neew a proc cooler.
can a fan be be fitted without screws? attached with those sticky pads?

Im using a Noctua NH12 very happy with its performance
Neoseeker said:
The Noctua NH-U 12 is by far the best air cooler that we have ever tested, and with the right fans, it is the quietest active cooler that we have tested as well. The cooling performance of the NH-U 12 approaches water-cooling levels, and it gives those expensive, ready-to-install water coolers a run for their money.
It's £36 from Scan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom