Max Payne - Mark Wahlberg

pincho is no longer a member
Pincho's gone? Dayam! I liked him - nutty as a fruit cake, but hugely enjoyable posts. That's a shame.

Regards

Mark

He was extremely rude to people one evening, so got banned...for ever I think.

that post was 2 years old, and pincho is no longer a member, i'm surprised a mod of all people resurrected this from the dead

And why oh why not, the threads about the film.

Where in the rules does it say you cant.

I dont need to start a new thread about the film or do you think once a films been out so long we have no rights to comment on it:mad:

Last edited:
And why oh why not, the threads about the film.

Where in the rules does it say you cant.

I dont need to start a new thread about the film or do you think once a films been out so long we have no rights to comment on it:mad:

Exactly - why start a whole new thread to make a very small comment, when there is an existing thread thats perfect for that comment. Makes perfect sense!

I recently bumped a 425day old thread about a band because I had the foresight to search before hitting the "New Thread" button

Makes you laugh. If you start a new thread, people post on it saying "you could have searched", but if you DO search and use an exiting thread, people post on it to point out the age of the thread. Thanks for that - I think most of us here can read dates!

Matt_C said:
Exactly - why start a whole new thread to make a very small comment, when there is an existing thread thats perfect for that comment. !

Exactly , resurrecting a two year old thread for a very small comment. I thought the purpose of the tick box was to make people consider if their post was really worth bringing an old thread back to life, let sleeping dogs lie and all that

Unless I've misunderstood what the tick box is for

And garrett, it hardly warrants getting mad over( I'd add some light hearted smiley here but I'm in an iPad )

I'm not going to be told by you that when Ive seen a film I'm not allowed to comment on it no matter how small it is.
It also allows people who did not see it in the cinema who now seen it as I did on TV the other night a chance to also see the thread and make there comments. Mr Original now had a chance to make his comment.

If we were not allowed to comment on an old thread the threads would be locked after a time. Also it would mean we could not comment on a film that's not just doing the rounds at the cinema.

You not only implied I broke some rule (which you seem to have made up) but doubly chastised me because of my mod status. I'm here spending my personal time that I coulld be doing other things, but Im here to help the running of the forum so the likes off you can post you comments on films, not have it as a tag for you to use it as a stick to beat me with. and by the way thank for sending the thread :offtopic:

Okay, what was meant as a very non serious comment and just an observation has obviously caused offense I never meant it to, it was never meant as a go at anyone also, I honestly never intended to imply that 1) you couldn't post whatever you wanted, 2) any criticism of a mod, or holding them to double standards

i could try and explain where I think the differences between what I was trying to say were, and the offense it has caused but there is no point in dragging this out any further, you have my honest apologies if I have caused offense, and none of it was intended. I'll take my leave now and hope there is no bad blood

I gave this a go on Saturday but boy it was a slog. Imo it makes hitman look good.

I gave this a go on Saturday but boy it was a slog. Imo it makes hitman look good.

It does and funny Olga Kurylenko was in both but did not look as nice in the Hitman. I thought the scene in the water was very reminiscent of the one in Bourne Ultimatum.

I even like some of Mark Wahalberg films that get a lot of criticism like The Italian Job or The Shooter and realy enjoyed him in the more acclaimed The Departed but this was a stinker and glad I never picked it up on cheap on Blu on the off chance it may have been good.

you have my honest apologies if I have caused offense, and none of it was intended. I’ll take my leave now and hope there is no bad blood

accepted, no bad bood and Im :cool:again;)

It does and funny Olga Kurylenko was in both but did not look as nice in the Hitman. I thought the scene in the water was very reminiscent of the one in Bourne Ultimatum.

I even like some of Mark Wahalberg films that get a lot of criticism like The Italian Job or The Shooter and realy enjoyed him in the more acclaimed The Departed but this was a stinker and glad I never picked it up on cheap on Blu on the off chance it may have been good.

Ah I thought she seemed familiar, although I think she was gracious enough to lose her modesty in hitman. Hitman is a bit of a guilty pleasure I guess.

I wanted to like max payne, as you say Wahlberg gets stick but he can be very good indeed - but it was just pointless and didn't seem to go anywhere.

Ah I thought she seemed familiar, although I think she was gracious enough to lose her modesty in hitman. Hitman is a bit of a guilty pleasure I guess.

I wanted to like max payne, as you say Wahlberg gets stick but he can be very good indeed - but it was just pointless and didn't seem to go anywhere.

She was also the main actress in Quantum of Solace which I know but only when looking up her name to post in my first reply did I spot she was in Hitman which then I remembered it was she.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom