Max Payne - Mark Wahlberg

beasty54

Distinguished Member
Just caught this movie myself and i was really impressed after some of the reviews ive read. Its a bit of a strange one and although ive played the games i never paid too much attention to the story so it was all a bit new to me, this was probably what made it so good. I like the bit after the credits as well, am looking forward to max payne 2 :D

Last edited:

Stonker

Novice Member
I saw it on Friday. After reading a lot of negative-ish reviews I still had high hopes... it seems I was correct to do so.
I loved it, it filled in so many gaps from the game.
7.5/10 for me.

Reign-Mack

^^As a big fan of both Max Payne games I cant see what gaps this movie fills in that the game did'nt ?
this movie will not be saved by a directors or unrated cut just like the hitman movie, has a similar look and feel to the games with many of the sets but thats where it all ends, The angels only serve as a confusion with the first half of the movie.

Ludacris is an aweful actor and his part in the movie was pointless the fact that his part does not really exist in the game makes things even worse.
And I would have prefered the Vlad character than Mylo from the wire with a Jafaken Accent.

Like the hitman film we had last year it seems that the creators did not really go beyond the cgi sequences/cut scenes from the game.

Reign-Mack

There were two bullet time scenes but other than that:rolleyes:
no narrations throughout the movie
no film noir satire or funny moments
no trade mark sideways dive from max
and no Pain Killers!

cabanatuan

Banned
and no Pain Killers!
i agree the movie could of been ALOT better, infact i wished frank miller directed it. imagine max payne in a sin city sort of visual style, it wouyld fit PERFECTLY with this movie

KoThreads

and no Pain Killers!
Makes it sound nothing like a movie based on the Max Payne games.

Reign-Mack

Makes it sound nothing like a movie based on the Max Payne games.
The first few minutes with the monologue are just like Max Payne and the sets like his house, the docks and the snow fall are spot on with the game but thats where it ends, not a particularly bad movie just not really a max payne movie. there is also not a great deal of action until the end aswell.

It did make me feel like playing the games again though

JimboJambo86

is a shame they didnt stick close to the game.
i loved the game and always thoyught it would make a great movie.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
It film looked great, Mila Kunis looked even better. The story has no depth to it. The special effects were very good though. Not Wahlberg's finest hour or played a complex character, even though he begs to differ 6.6/10

goodtimes

great , I believed the critics and havnt watched it.
seems there is enough of you guys who I DEEPLY respect that liked it enough to get me down to the shop:thumbsup:

Mark_a

By the numbers flashy fun. Candy floss really, and instantly forgetable, but a quick fix if you like this type of thing - which I generally do.

Regards

Mark

goodtimes

yep,not every movie has to be deep and meaningfill

Garrett

Just watched it and though it utter tosh and gave me Max Pain watching it only pain relife I had was Olga Kurylenko.:D

Mr Original

I tried to watch it again but just couldn't finish it. I am a big fan of the video games. In my opinion Mel Gibson in Payback(watched on Telly last night) does a better Max Payne than Wahlberg. :smashin:

mossym

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett