Max Payne 3 - Preview Thread

Max Payne 1 is on the PS store, it is the original release from the PS2

And free for PSN+ users.

Should get MP3 today, looking forward to it.

Amazon have it for £34.75 which appears to be the best online price at the moment

****ing Gamestation not price matching CEX anymore? Well that's that they told me.

£6 for New Vegas Ultimate Edition (£16 at CEX) and £11 for Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition (£24 at CEX). No wonder they are going under.

Looks like I am buying Max Payne 3 from CEX. I assume this is second hand but how can it be on release day? Do the staff get early copies and then just play them beforehand or something?

Yeah, they said that to me as well but then I pointed to the sign above the till saying "We wont be beaten on price" and they caved - they wanted to give me £14 quid for Prototype 2 :eek:(a game that has been out for just two weeks!!!) but I persuaded them that they wanted to beat CEX for £31 quid :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: That, along with some credit got me it for £1.69 :D

Gamestation said they are no longer beating other retailers unless the person has "proof" in hand (I had a print out). I think they are trying to weed out those that cant be bothered to go get a print out (or dont have a smartphone) and I really had to point out that if they didnt match when they have a big sign up saying that they did then it would be false advertising.

Yeah they've gotten very funny. For instance there is £8 different between MW3 and the MW3 HE. However they don't match the HE price just the standard price.

Anyone traded in max Payne? How much is it going for?

So guys, opinions on this game so far?

Finished it Sunday, I weren't impressed to be honest, pretty basic, good story tho, but little niggles like getting killed by someone you didn't realise was there, or getting shot through the face by someone 2 miles away with a handgun, knocked it down a little for me, hopefully ghost recon will be a little better!

I started the first 2-3 chapters on Medium / Soft Lock. Started again on Hard / Free Aim and it doesn't seem much more difficult, even with free aim.

Starting to enjoy it a bit more now. The graphics and the mood are insane.

Finished it on Hard and Hardcore (Hardcore is frustrating as fudge)
Now on to Old school mode..

Ranking up in MP is sooooo slow, takes forever!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom