Mavic Mini or Mini 2 (help me decide)

DevCode

Hi all, seasoned race drone flyer here, but giving up the racing to settle on a more relaxed drone hobby,

I have about £350 to spend and have been in two camps,

The Mavic Mini is on sale on eBay for £345 for the fly more combo (drone, hub, 3 bats and case) and the drone only mini 2 is the same price (drone, 1 bat, no case, no hub, no spares) both are brand new in box,

I'm not interested in broadcast quality etc.. just want a basic drone that can take a few pictures, short videos and have a little fun exploring with it, but what would you do?

I'm swaying towards the mini 1, fly more combo, thanks

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Range , I know you technically should have VLOS but the mini was very susceptible to interference from WiFi , the mini2 uses occusync which is way way better 👍

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
I love my mini1 and as a hobby, VLOS use it is great.

At that budget, it is a tough call for me because I tend to get through 2 or all 3 batteries on one trip out.

If you could justify buying more batteries in the future, then jump on a Mini2.

DevCode

Thanks all so far,

Yes the drone will be used close to me in line etc.etc etc. with regs/rules, but i will be using where permitted to explore building/locations.

I've set myself a hard limit of £350, no mores o for the foreseeable future if I go mini2 route, a single 30 min flight time.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
I would go mini 2 even with one battery and add batteries as money allows , everyone I know has moved from mini to mini 2 or MA2/s 👍

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
If you use Facebook then have a look for my group , the dji life , ask a question and see what response you get 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom