• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mavericks Tags

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Does anyone use the coloured "tags" feature in Mavericks?...I feel I should be using them but I am trying to think of a genuine use for them.

Xeneye

Previously MacGeekPaul
I do, all the time, and find them very useful.
I don’t bother renaming the colours, but use them with Hazel rules, when files are being processed, i.e. drop a PDF in my download folder, a Hazel rule will tag any new PDF as orange, it also then OCR’s any found orange PDF’s and then change to green when completed, then and green PDF’s are automatically moved to my PDF folder.
I use a basic Green=Good, Orange=Needs Attention, Red=Corrupt plan, with the other colours used for Temp, In progress, Project etc.

Paul.

razer1

Established Member
I do. all the time recently. As a photographer, graphic designer and developer, I use them alot especially when sorting through a recent shoot. I can see whats decent and worth taking further on and editing.. Saves so much time copying across to a finals or picked folder like I used to on windows. :)

Xeneye

Previously MacGeekPaul
John, if you do repetitive tasks or just automation by getting the computer to do things for you, then Hazel is a must have, along with Alfred and Text Expander, they are 3 of the best Apps on the Mac, I cannot rate them highly enough, sure Hazel seems a little pricey at first, but you can just set up so many rules on different folders, it uses AppleScript, Shell & Automator scripts, it’s so powerful, I believe you can grab a demo from their site, give it a blast and get your geek on! ;)

Paul.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom