Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Maudio 2496 , TT and digiTV issues/solution

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mr.D, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    Ok, just in case anyone else is having issues.

I'm running W2K SP3 on a TUSL2C 1.4 P3 based HTPC.
    Soundcard is an Maudio 2496 running the infamous October beta recommended by Theatertek.

TT is 1.5.42 I think ( ie one patch back from latest). Nice and stable works well.

Nebula digiTV card working brilliantly with latest beta version of software. ( deinterlacing much improved as is microstutter).

Problem.

Whenever I run TT after closing I can't get sound from the digiTV card unless I reboot. This goes for anything that tries to use PCM from the maudio ( mediaplayer , winamp you name it).
    On the maudio audio monitor I see expected level , changing settings from monitor mixer to spdif on the patchbay doesn't make any difference.

Solution.... change audio type in the advanced settings under spdif for the maudio from "non-audio" to "audio" (TT contradictory recommendation is "non-audio" for this card).

Now TT works fine with DD or DTS bitstreams and after closing digiTV works fine with PCM and vice versa ad infinitum seemingly