Mattrick's gone (yay!) BUT...Ballmer's in charge (uh oh)...

EDDS said:
Microsoft has released most of its best products under Ballmer so I don't see why it would be a bad thing for him to head up the Xbox division until the re org.

Unless people are just jumping on the hip Ballmer hate train.

Windows Phone, Skydrive, Windows Azure, Surface, dare I say it Windows 8.

To be fair the "hip Ballmer hate train" is aka the consensus analyst view ;)

MS "best" products are Office and Windows which account for circa 70% of their profits. Whether Ballmer can take credit for the continuing iterations of those products is arguable. Regardless, the best/ most successful / most important versions of Windows are probably '95, XP and 3.1 and, of course, today's Microsoft would not exist without MS DOS - all of which are down to Gates.

As per my post a couple above I don't see how Ballmer will be "heading" the Xbox division in a meaningful way, his job is already a big one and he is hardly going to be able to pick up Mattrick's responsibilities in the same way. Ballmer is the CEO of an $20bn revenue company, how much time is he going to spend in the division that contributes 10% of its revenues (which in addition to Xbox includes Skype and Windows Phone) and almost no profit.

Surface? Really?

Really? Own one? Used one?

I'm just wondering because it seems it's cool to bash MS products on forums without actually using one. :rolleyes:

I'm in a privileged position as far as tablets go as we regularly get them in for extended trials. IMO, the Surface is probably the best tablet out there - Windows Mobile is sorely under rated.

This really is an unfriendly forum over this side, what's the average age over here? 5....

I love everything microsoft and agree with every decision they have ever made, Xbox One ftw

Should be safe now :eek:

I'm confused. Why use a windows tablet over an android or ipad tablet?

Does Word/excel/access/powerpoint/etc work as a crossbuy and fully operable on a windows tablet?

I've only worked with Windows 8 about 5 times... I never wanted to use it again after the first time I used it as I found it counter-intuitive.

Windows 7 on the other hand I think is pretty brill and wouldn't go back to XP or 2000 ever again (once I got used to some subtle changes... though I still wish I had the "Save As" button permanently there). I don't know why they tried to make Windows like a tablet or phone structure. I think it could work on a tablet/phone but on a computer... I felt like I was in high school fumbling with my girlfriends bra trying to get it unclasped.

I'd love a surface tablet but it would have to be a pro version and then your talking decent laptop territory for those prices.

This really is an unfriendly forum over this side, what's the average age over here? 5....

I love everything microsoft and agree with every decision they have ever made, Xbox One ftw

Should be safe now :eek:

I'm not starting a bunfight here but don't you post in the PS4 forums? There's almost a 50/50 split in there of PS4 chat (which is what it's for) and some faintly ridiculous anti-MS chat.

There's almost a 50/50 split in there of PS4 chat (which is what it's for) and some faintly ridiculous anti-MS chat.

So just like the Xbox One section ;-)

I'm not starting a bunfight here but don't you post in the PS4 forums? There's almost a 50/50 split in there of PS4 chat (which is what it's for) and some faintly ridiculous anti-MS chat.

I do post there yes. Sorry, your point has passed me by?

I just don't get the over defensive nature of people in here or some in the PS4 forum, it's like someone has said 'Your mum is a tramp'.

And people calling others fan boys, it's all so silly.

I'm in a privileged position as far as tablets go as we regularly get them in for extended trials. IMO, the Surface is probably the best tablet out there - Windows Mobile is sorely under rated.

Windows Mobile is underrated and MS have come a long way on mobile operating systems.

Is Surface the best tablet? Not so sure. The three main players - iPad, Nexus 10 and Surface - are all very good.

The iPad has the best display and design and also has the best battery life. The Surface is the most powerful (but it depends what you will use it for as for most everday uses it is a bit of a so what?) and has the more functional OS. The Nexus 10 is the best priced.

Overall I think the iPad still just shades it but the competition from Samsung and Microsoft is a good thing for all of us.

Utter nonsense. There's only two threads where MS are being discussed in any sort of depth.

PS4 or XBox One - for which there is equivalent chat on here; and

Xbox One Exec Sony PS4 specs are meaningless - which has a whole two pages

Furthermore, it's unrealistic to expect one console to be discussed without reference to the other.

Your face hurt now?

It's a very really question with some of the behaviour over here. I am shocked some here are parents themselves.

I rarely post in here because I'm in no mood to get flamed by people who have the opinion it has to be one console or the other.

I'm getting both consoles day one. I love technology, and I love gaming in my spare time. I also love trying devices before making random sweeping statements.

I only just commented because I was genuinely interested in why the poster thought the surface wasn't a good thing from Microsoft.

Quote is broke again on this poor app.

My comment wasn't really directed at you bar the facepalm and quoting your message.

I'm not even going to bother saying which console/s I am getting and which I currently own as it's pointless.

Utter nonsense. There's only two threads where MS are being discussed in any sort of depth.

PS4 or XBox One - for which there is equivalent chat on here; and

Xbox One Exec Sony PS4 specs are meaningless - which has a whole two pages

Furthermore, it's unrealistic to expect one console to be discussed without reference to the other.

Cool, whatever you say.

I rarely post in here because I'm in no mood to get flamed by people who have the opinion it has to be one console or the other.

I'm getting both consoles day one. I love technology, and I love gaming in my spare time. I also love trying devices before making random sweeping statements.

I only just commented because I was genuinely interested in why the poster thought the surface wasn't a good thing from Microsoft.
I need RL friends like you. I could come round your house and play the XB1 and the latest games (try out the trigger rumble and changing the channel when you turn your head by waving my hand), then play PS4 with you when I'm back at my pad.

All my friends are not gamers... or not "good" gamers :devil: so...

There's no harm in making speculative statements on the internet unless you write articles that people read and believe without first doing their homework. Spurs discussion and I hang out here because I like to hear about the latest XB1 info to see if my mind will be changed about waiting till the inevitable price drop to get one.

Anti-Fanboy alert! :eek: Pick a side fence-sitter - IT @M TO TEH DEATH!!! :smashin:

I'd love a surface tablet but it would have to be a pro version and then your talking decent laptop territory for those prices.

I think if they pushed Tablets to the enterprise it might of been more successful, as integrating Office products on the move would be useful.

As is in our company we have Citrix, VMWare, Blackberry phones, and Good for iPhones. Hardly a streamlined set :rolleyes: But no, MS have not made surface, Metro or other mobile packages appealing at all to established enterprises - not that i've had much chance to examine (someone please prove me wrong!).

But yeah, have to say Ballmer better find someone soon, and someone that's not scared to stamp a bit more differentiation on the Xbox One. It feels like they've done their 180, and are now cherry-picking PS4's features off to copy: "we have indies too!", "no more update fees!" ;)

Damn, that dude should calm down. He looks like he`s going to have a heart attack from shouting. I reckon one day he`ll be recording a video and just literally die on-cam. :eek:

It's what makes that character so great :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom