1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matsui Plasma at Dixons.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Steve_Whelan, May 12, 2005.

1. Steve_Whelan

Steve_Whelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just saw an add for a new Matsui Plasma from Dixons from the Picture and spec list this looks very similar to the infamous Tiny. I think DSG could have a lot of problems on their hands.

2. GAC

GAC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    well its being brought in to replace the wonderfull techwood (yes im takking the miky) and its ment to be our entry level screen and as so will be hopless.

to give you a rough idea about how good the techwoods are in one of our depots there are 400 screens sat there because there goosed, its hard to make a good coment as far as currys when it comes to plasma's as we seem to be determind to buy the cheapest pos we can.

3. tetrarch

tetrarch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Sorry GAC but...

Well, it's, wonderful, Techwood, I'm, Micky, it's, meant, such, hopeless, To, Techwoods, In they're, it's, comment, Currys, plasmas, determined, poss

Regards

Tet

4. GAC

GAC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    well i guess that shows me dosnt it !?

5. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    you forgot 'taking'...

6. simon33

simon33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You forgot 'taking'. :)

Well, I, doesn't. ;)

7. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    If I was intelligent,worked for DSG (yes that's spelt oxymoron),and criticised them on this forum,then I too would suddenly be unable to spell! ;)

8. GAC

GAC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hey i have a good idea il just shut up and let people buy them so we can have another tiny thread.

9. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    Hey GAC, I'm on your side.Keep the inside information coming!!

10. JeffLaws1

JeffLaws1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I thought the pos bit was a short for Pile Of S**t.

11. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    we all make mishtakes shometimes.....I thought it was bad form to pull people up on spelling?

12. Enquirer

Enquirer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I personally don't hold great expectations about the performance of the Matsui Plasma.
    BUT I would not form an opinion or advise someone to not buy or buy a product that I had not seen, used and tested.
    Its one thing to suggest caution and another to say don’t buy with little evidence.
    I have to say no one has actually said they have thoroughly tested one and the assumption that because it looks like another brand so it must be rubbish is not the most logical one.
    It may well turn out to be the same but I would always try to keep an open mind.
    Opinions on these forums about certain plasma sets are often not formed from first hand experience but just what they have read elsewhere or because of understandable personal bias because they own a different set.

The best plasma IMHO is the one with the best picture quality to you and not a spec sheet.
    The vast investments from former budget brands is paying dividends just a few years ago the gulf between Japanese visual products and the rest was massive now it gets smaller and smaller every year.

I feel too many people spending a grand for a set that will be in there living room for five years are too lazy and do not take the time to actually get off there sofa and go and look at all the options themselves .Forums are a good way to get background info and find suggestions for sets that you may not have heard of.

After testing yourself you may well decide that certain recommendations are the right choice for you. You might feel spending a little more gets you a massive improvement. But unless you take the time and effort you will never really be certain that you did make the right choice.

I would not also put down a make or model I had not seen or tested.

Sorry for the rant.

13. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

Yes, I am starting to notice a lot of this recently. Mistakes happen people :lesson:

14. DannyG33

DannyG33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well my sister purchased one and it was delivered/installed yesterday,just spoken on the phone to her to see how it went,she says picture looks terrible and there installer/delivery man was there hours ,model is Matsui 42P600,comments are bad picture/pixel problem.shes running it with sky+,i also heard as well ages she said her areial was dead old,so maybes it,s not just the matsui plasma,s fault.
    dan

15. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You're being very generous, Danny. I don't think her aerial will affect the sky+ picture though. Sounds like GAC might be right on the money.

16. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    call her back quick tell her to reject it (get it taken away) and to log on here and we will sonn have her up and runnning with a proper plasma!

17. DannyG33

DannyG33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maw
    very true,will have to ask her if her picture was spot-on with her other tv,
    H-Dragon
    she txt me before with the intention of sending it back lol..
    dan
    PS So will Sky Digital/Sky Digital + work with no house aerial at all then lads??

18. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    no aerial is required for satellite service like sky just a dish......... no dish no picture at all.

19. DannyG33

DannyG33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    H-Dragon
    Think its deffo ruled out her aerial,its obviously the Mat Plasma at fault then..
    will have to find out when there coming for it,so she can get good advice on better quality plasma.
    Cheers Dan

20. carjoem

carjoem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone be kind enough to clarify what exactly the problem is with the Matsui Plasma - my pal had one installed at the weekend and as far as I ( and my pal ) are concerned the picture looks excellent. Similarly when browsing the shops the Techwood has had a picture as good as models with big brand names costing a lot more. I currently enjoy the Toshiba 33 inch CRT TV so I think I have a reasonable perspective. Just what is it that I cannot see, that might persuade me to spend £3 on a model that does not look as good picture wise ?
    Am I suffering " the kings new clothes syndrome " Could someone give me an intelligent answer please ?

21. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Intelligent, no idea. The picture will depend on your perspective. If you are happy, go ahead. If all you have seen ate plasmas and TVs in stores like Dixons, you probably have little idea what constitutes a good picture. We are supposing that a 'good picture' is the nearest to real life/film that is possible. For that, you will need a top end screen, say a Panasonic PHD7, a scaler, and a highly skilled ISF calibration technician. I promise you will see the difference, even if it's only 2 out of these three! Or even 1 I should think. Really, you need a side by side to compare, but if you are happy with what you have, why worry?

22. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    On what basis are you and your PAL basing this assesment of quality? The dodgy RF feed or £70 DVD and £70 scart lead combos that most karge store use to demonstrate thesebits of kit dont even offer 50% of the potential.............And i can assure you that DSG (dixons/currys etc) make far more more profit on there Onw brand kit than on branded kit with which it competes..........so it is in their interest to make the £1300 Matsui look better than a £2k anything else, it sells a lot of plasmas for them! If you (or your PAL) want to see a proper plasma i am sure we can point you in the direction of one!

23. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Get the ball rolling now, once you have had a big scren going back to a normal telly makes a sure she is 100% happy before buying again even if it means waiting for 6 months for better screens to drop in price!

24. qwerty786

qwerty786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there can anyone help me please :lease:

I brought a Matsui 42P600 Plasma when i brought it it was perfect. Then suddenly a Black line appeared down the middle of the screen it kept coming and going. But know the line aint going it just stuck there. But everything else is fine the sound, picture, Menu on the plasma ETC. can somebody PLEASE!! help me

Thank You

25. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +544
    You'll probably need a technician to replace a board.

26. qwerty786

qwerty786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thankz 4 that mate. i really appreciate your help