Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by dunnster, May 30, 2005.
does anyone have a hack for a UK Matsui PL-607 portable DVD player?
It's the same hack as for the Mustek PL-408T (there are several portable DVD players in this series which seem to come badged either Mustek or Matsui, but presumably apart from the badges are identical). You can find it at
and I've pasted it below as well. This worked for me first time and I have successfuly played Region 1 and Region 9 discs in it since.
· Turn on your player.
· Close DVD disk door without a disk inserted.
· Press the following sequence of keys on your remote
· Press "SET-UP".
· Press Next (>>|) & then Prev (|<<).
· Again press Next & then Prev.
· Version 2 appears on top right hand corner of your TV
screen (2 being your existing region code)
· Change version (region) by pressing < button until 255
appears (correct code for Multiregion).
· Press "SET-UP" again & scroll down to exit.
· Press " SET-UP " again.
· Insert DVD disc and play.
What about a Mustek PL-607, is Mustek the same as Matsui?
Separate names with a comma.