1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matsui DTR1 problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Ron240, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I have just bought one of these boxes to replace my ancient (but still working well) OnDigital box.
    The Matsui is a nice looking box but i am having an annoying problem with it - i cannot record from it using my VCR.
    Connections are - scart from box to tv , scart from box to VCR , aerial lead to back of box , RF lead to back of VCR , RF lead to back of tv.
    Everything works fine until i try to record from Freeview - i select the appropriate AV channel on my video and i get perfect sound but no picture at all,just a blue screen.
    There were no problems when using my old OnDigital box,in fact i am still using the same scart cables.
    I took my box out and tried it in a friends house,he has an identical set up cable wise, but uses a Ferguson FDT2000 Freeview box. The result was the same...sound but no picture when trying to record from Freeview.
    I then took his Ferguson box and connected it up to my VCR and tv - it worked perfectly,i was able to record from Freeview with no problem.
    So far nobody has been able to offer any logical explanation for this...but the problem certainly appears to be specific to the Matsui DTR1.
    I have already changed it once and this second one is exactly the same.
    What is going on....???
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :lease:

2. HanoiRocks

HanoiRocks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason I don't understand, you need to press the tv/dtv button at the top of the remote twice. Your VHS then "sees" the digital picture. Set VHS to "aux" or whatever line input your scart connector uses & away you go.
    HTH. :smashin: