MATSUI DTR 1 refusing to power up...

MJI1961

Hi All
I have been using a Matsui DTR 1 set top box for a few years now and up until yesterday it has been fine...
The unit has just stopped working. The red power light is displayed but i cannot switch the box on. I have pressed the reset button at the rear of the unit but that hasnt helped.
I had noticed that recently when i powered the unit to on the "INIT" display that flashes up briefly seemed to flash oddly.

Any ideas?
As usual thanks in advance for any help!
Regards
MJ

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi All
I have been using a Matsui DTR 1 set top box for a few years now and up until yesterday it has been fine...
The unit has just stopped working. The red power light is displayed but i cannot switch the box on. I have pressed the reset button at the rear of the unit but that hasnt helped.
I had noticed that recently when i powered the unit to on the "INIT" display that flashes up briefly seemed to flash oddly.

Any ideas?
As usual thanks in advance for any help!
Regards
MJ

The likelihood is the the power supply section has fatigued capacitors.

Unless you can troubleshoot this yourself or with the help of friends, it is probably not economically viable to repair unless you are particularly attached to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom