matsui DAB DA-1 adaptor

boxer29

Novice Member
ive got a matsui Dab Da-1 adaptor ,ive lost the remote for it ,can any one tell me would i be able to use a universal remote ,or what remote can i use with it ,,
there are no buttons on it ,,its a shame can only work with the remote ,,cant seem to find any original remote for it though from any where ,,
any suggestions ,,
thanks

Attachments

• dab.jpg
    dab.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 266

boxer29

Novice Member
hey guys come one any one there ,
if you can tell the code for this remote ,i can try and put it in a universal remote ,,i tried the remotes for tv ,,but the remote did say that you have to turn the device on and then put the codes ,,mine device is in standby mode ,,whem i turn it own from the mains it says tuning ,and talk sport comes and then it goes very quickly to the time and date which is correct ,

any help ,,let me know ,,

sheffieldsteele

Standard Member
I did manage to add the Matsui to the devices recognised by my Harmony 525 so it is in their database. However this would be an expensive solution for the Matsui as the 525 costs more than the receiver in the first place!

anroob

boxer29, have you tried going back to Currys store/online ?
Sure they have a spare-parts ordering service that might be of help.
Don't be surprised if it not cheap or quick though !

boxer29

Novice Member
@sheffieldsteel
thanks for replying
can you tell me what codes did you enter ,cause i ve got a 10 in 1 universal remote controller , have tried matsui tv codes manually ,,it has got an auto detection for the codes ,,but for that you have to have to DA-1 on ,but mine is on standby ,
if you can tell me that code what you entered i might try using this and seeing if it works or not ,,
will save me time in getting the harmony 525 remote and going through all the codes ,and then returning it ,,
cheers

boxer29

Novice Member
@anroob
thanks ,
i did try currys and the partmaster but they say that this model has been discontinued ,and they dont have the remote for it either ,
its the same with other internet sites which sell remotes

sheffieldsteele

Standard Member
You don't have to enetr codes for the Harmony because you add the device to the controler by its name and then through an online connection to Logitech it downloads the settings if the device is found. It was found. The other way of educating the controller is by pointing the original remote at the Harmony and it picks up the instruction via the signal (I realise in your case you do not have the original) However as I said in my previous posting the Harmony remote costs more than the Matsui did originally.

If you Google replacement remotes there are numerous suppliers with databases although I did not find the Matsui DA-1 on any of them but some sites are willing to receive requests and will supply answers to queries. I still suspect you may have to pay more than you want to though. Someone currently has one up on eBay for sale which ends in 3 days £6 plus £5 p+p at the moment - http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=matsui+da-1

boxer29

Novice Member
thanks
i will go and get a harmony ,,does it make a difference if its a 688 or 525 i think both of them update through the internet ,,i mean as you said you have to put the model number and it will get they keys ,,
cheers

Sonic67

Banned
Have you seen this?

May even be the same model inside.

link £40 ish.

sheffieldsteele

Standard Member
Boxer still seems an expensive solution to buy a Harmony remote just for the DA-1 but it does have the ability for you to add a range of other devices all through one remote. You can also set it up to operate the full sequence of devices to make the DA-1 operate including the device through which it plays (if it is remote driven). I checked the Harmony software that comes with the remote and if you add a device through that look under Music Player then Radio Tuner choose Matsui as manufacturer it actually displays the DA-1 as the example! I have a 525 but it depends what you want to afford - look at the Logitech website first http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/&cl=gb,en . Other universals may work as well and only suggest Logitech Harmony as that is what I have and it identified the DA-1 for me.

freakfire

Standard Member
Are there any Android apps that would allow me to control the DA-1 with my phone? I have no remote and the Harmonys seem a little pricey for what I need.

Sonic67

Banned
Does your phone have an infrared output?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom