1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matsui 32WN03 SIL PSU fault

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Fallon, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Fallon

Fallon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there all.

I've been lumped with a Matsui 32" 32WN03 SIL Nicam TV.

When powering up, you can hear the capacitors charging, the light comes on for a second followed by the thump of sudden discharge.

I have the circuit diagram but, it's barely related to what is actually on the main board (lots of bits missing/linked over/etc...)

Testing various points, it seems I have 130VAC running through most of the board. (Odd when there's supposed to be 28V there.)

I suspect a simple open circuit but finding it is another matter.

Does anyone know of a source of a servicing manual for this chassis? I've hunted high and low but, to little avail.

All help and remedy suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,937
    My suggestion is that you put it together and call out an experienced TV technician as obviously you do not have a clue what you're doing :lesson:

3. wynne

wynne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody worked on this model, found the line output transistor short across b, e, c, S2000AF1 changed it for a new one and went in a couple of seconds.
    With the transistor removed and a 60watt bulb conceded between E and C the power supply works ok, checked all the board for dry joints.

Had problem with this set a year ago the ICF1 had gone short and burned out the feed resistor, the chassis for this set is pro4400 bush I think.
    I think the line output transformer has gone short but can’t find one anywhere.

Thanks in advance wynne