Matsu****a to offer Blu-ray Disk recorders by July

sdc395

Standard Member
Matsu****a (Panasonic) are launching double-sided Blu-ray recorders in Japan this summer according to this EETimes story. My apologies if this is old news.

EDIT: Gotta love that bad-language filter. :)

L

leng

Metadiscussion I know, but personally I find dumb profanity filters more offensive than the things they are supposed to weed out.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Some more details on this topic here:
http://www.cdr-info.com/Sections/News/Details.asp?RelatedID=5085

(Panasonic) are launching double-sided Blu-ray recorders in Japan this summer
Should point out it's double LAYER - so there will be no need to flip the disk as with 9.4GB DVD-RAM disks.

Hopefully we'll see BluRay capability added to DVD-RAM recorders here sooner rather than later. To late for this year but perhaps late 2005/early 2006. Although we don't have HD here the larger capacity of BluRay would offer be beneficial especially for 'standalone' DVD recorders such as E50/E60 equivalents. Panasonic have already demonstrated they can impliment all DVD-RAM features (Timeslip, editting, playlists) on dual layer Blu-Ray disks.

sdc395

Standard Member
Originally posted by Rasczak
Should point out it's double LAYER - so there will be no need to flip the disk as with 9.4GB DVD-RAM disks.
Oops. Brain thinking one thing, fingers typing another. :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom