• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Matrix Ultimate Collection REGION USA A crap packaging

formation4

Is it me or is this the worst packaging for a box set? :mad::eek::thumbsdow:mad:
Slim line cheap packaging what a let down, I have the region 1 ultimate from last time and that was way cooler

Does anybody know if there is an alternative version of packaging

Attachments

• 14102008088.jpg
    14102008088.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 301
  • 14102008089.jpg
    14102008089.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 326

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
That amuses me greatly, considering you could set a nuke off,(ok, I exaggerate), on my 'dead' HD DVD set's box.

Last edited:

formation4

There is no region coding on the box set. Warner bro releases are region free anyway

Little_Donkey

Standard Member
Well I think its still better then all the UK Blu-ray cases. Those really sucks.
Why does the UK have to do everything different then the rest of the world.
Everyone uses those small cases only in UK they are same as normal dvd, just in height smaller.

Damoxuk

No the US Omen Set Blu-Ray is worse it even more pathetic. With the Blu-Ray discs fitting in small "foam" plugs inside a cheap cardboard package.. Weak

darrenf

Just got this today, I was gutted to find the last 2 bonus discs on DVD but thankfully they are not region locked! WHy couldn't they put these on 1 Blu-ray?

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Just got this today, I was gutted to find the last 2 bonus discs on DVD but thankfully they are not region locked! WHy couldn't they put these on 1 Blu-ray?

That is normal for WB. They did the same with Blade Runner 5 disc set. More discs make it look it is worth more.

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Is it me or is this the worst packaging for a box set? :mad::eek::thumbsdow:mad:
Slim line cheap packaging what a let down, I have the region 1 ultimate from last time and that was way cooler
It's you. I LOVE the packaging on the Blu-ray set. The box is typically sturdy and the thinpaks are a great space saver. Give me practical packaging every time over stupid ****ing custom packaging.

I was glad to finally get rid of my Ultimate DVD set because the disc hubs kept snapping off. And because they're custom cases, I couldn't buy replacements. Great for an 'Ultimate' set, huh?

That is normal for WB. They did the same with Blade Runner 5 disc set. More discs make it look it is worth more.
That's true, but another BD would've meant more lead-time for replication and a higher cost overall. All the extras on the DVDs are only in standard definition anyway. What is it about SD extras on SD discs that puzzles people so much?

Mr-Bananas

Am I the only person who does not give a toss what the packaging is like ??

All I care about is how good the film is, how good the picture and sound is, and what kind of extras come with it.

shand754

Actually I quite like the packaging. Apart from the fact the spines of the individual titles do not match, its nice and small and I like the slimline cases for these boxsets. I wish Warner had done the Dirty Harry set like this.

coops233

Did you pay any import duty? Where did you buy it from?

Not sure if I should wait for the UK release or buy from the US.

Thanks

Imeldhil

actually I liked this box! it's better than the HD DVD version wich had the big cases, the "code" on the cover was not like this wich was kinda lame, etc. I really liked it.

goodtimes

what about the sound guys and picture in the first movie??

shand754

Did you pay any import duty? Where did you buy it from?

Not sure if I should wait for the UK release or buy from the US.

Thanks

Movietyme so no duty. UK release is just the movies so you have to buy the Animatrix separately plus it does not include all the extras. I would definately get the US version.

Revaan

It is a filmsy box, but why dont you just replace the dvd discs in your dvd boxset for the blu-ray discs.

Thats what Im doing for the films im replacing since I hate the flimsy blu-ray boxes and I'll preserve any 'special edition' boxsets where I can.

Jim Morrison

I'm going to stick with my pre-order for the UK bare bones set (£14.99 Amazon). Hopefully the packaging is similar to that of UK HD-DVD - A nice glossy (but sturdy) outer box with the three films housed inside normal cases.

coops233

No damage to the box?
Did it fit through the letter box or did you have to sign for it?
How long did it take for delivery?

Movietyme are late confirming region coding again!! You say its region free yeah?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom