• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Matrix trilogy - UK blu-ray scene selection

Gary Nash

Established Member
I'm interested to know whether the UK BD for Matrix trilogy have chapter titles to describe the scene selections.

With the original DVD release, the PAL version only had the still pictures, whereas the NTSC version had the chapter titles as well.

If anyone can post screen caps of the UK (and US) blu-rays displaying the scene access, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

GrantM

Established Member
I watched matrix relooaded last night and I'm pretty sure you onlly had still pictures with no description. I'll check again tonight :thumbsup:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
OT slightly but you can get the UK box set from HMV for £16.99 now which is a bit of a bargain (and dont forget Quidco)

Im pretty sure the scene selection screens are still images - I had a quick check of the discs when I received them the other day.

I thought about the US box set but to be honest - I dont need all the 'extra extras' on there - I hardly watched any of the extras on the Ultimate box set on DVD.

Doctor Hades

Prominent Member
@Jim Di Griz - With the exception of Animatrix (which I'm not a big fan of), all the other discs included with the U.S. Ultimate BD set are DVDs and this is the reason I didn't bother with that version; instead I bought the U.K. BD boxset. I already own the Ultimate DVD boxset with most (if not all) of the other extras anyway.

Gary Nash

Established Member
Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Interesting to hear the US version is padded out with DVDs.
With the excellent price of the UK trilogy, and the consistently high prices of all US titles these days, I think I'll join the gang and plump for the UK version.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
@Jim Di Griz - With the exception of Animatrix (which I'm not a big fan of), all the other discs included with the U.S. Ultimate BD set are DVDs and this is the reason I didn't bother with that version; instead I bought the U.K. BD boxset. I already own the Ultimate DVD boxset with most (if not all) of the other extras anyway.

True. To be honest there are so many extras on the Ultimate DVD set I never actually got round to watching any of them! So I sold it to put towards the blu-ray. And you could always buy the Animatrix pretty cheap if you wanted it (I dont personally, might get it if its very very cheap at some point just to complete the set).

I watched the Matrix on blu-ray for the first time last night and yes, the PQ makes this a definite purchase! Was almost like watching it for the first time! Massive difference. All the 'Matrix' sequences have a slight green tint now which I think makes it better myself.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom