1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Trilogy DVD (9 discs) news

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by kev_gordon, May 21, 2004.

1. kev_gordon

kev_gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope this is not a repost - I can't see this info in any recent posts! I found this information 'elsewhere' on the internet!

Whether you liked just the first one or the whole pack, The Matrix is undoubtedly one of the most ground breaking films that will be remembered and highlyr regarded for many years to come. Member Orangesoul noticed this information about the DVD release of the trilogy at Australian DVD store Ezydvd.com.au. The Set features 9 DVD's, the 3 movies, and the 'animatrix'. Special features include

* Extended version of Reloaded – 1 hour of additional footage
    * All new documentaries
    * All new commentaries
    * All new HD film transfers
    * Amazing amounts of new content
    * Matrix (3 discs), Reloaded (3 discs), Revolutions (2 discs), Animatrix
    * 9 hrs of previously unseen footage
    * Lots more!

Although no price has been announced, one might guess that it will be around the £60 level / $80, if not more. Although there is no announced release date yet either, speculation is towards a release in the fall of 2004 (pre-christmas).

info found here: ezydvd.co.au

This is my personal comment : Whooooohooooo! Although I thought the films got sequentially worse, The Matrix (1) is still one of my favourite films ever! I am looking forward to the extra unseen footage, and as I havent seen Revolutions on DVD yet, it will be great to watch all three movies back to back, especially with the extra hour in reloaded.

Anyway, hope this info is useful

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
  3. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reloaded already felt over long and now there's a 3 hour 20 minute version.

I think I'll give it a miss.

4. stuartbannerman

stuartbannerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always knew they would do something like this, and have to agree that Matrix 2 is way to long anyways. Not sure i could cope with a 3 hr 20 version of it. Im hoping that the first chapter has been redone in DTS though. This film would rock in DTS sound. . . Makes more sense to buy the Region 1 version as The Matric was slightly cut in the UK . hence the commentery by Carrie Anne Moss being lost across the atlantic

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    I think the Reg 4 version is the best version or was so in the case of the original film no cuts, and was reported to have a better picture than Reg1.

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    'HD film transfers'

I wonder what this is meant to signify..... simply that the film was filmed on HD and they are doing new transfers or that they are doing HD transfers from film?

ad

7. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    or i guess that they are using the term 'HD' to mean cleaner print....

ad

8. FiggyD

FiggyD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I think that Reloaded is the best one by far so I am well pleased about this although I hope it will also be available as a standalone purchase. Does anyone know if the extra footage is actually 'unseen' or if it is the footage filmed for the computer game?

9. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the new rules now in place within the BBFC i bet the original film can be released with a 15 certificate and will now be uncut.

10. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140

Have they changed their stance on resubmitting the same film then?

11. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about rules of submitting the same film but you are now allowed 2 different versions of a film on DVD, so if Warner's wanted to they could have the first film as an 18 certificate as part of a boxset and could still market the single edition cut version or they could resubmit the film for a 15certificate and hopefully it would be uncut, don't forget James Ferman and all his silly rules are why The Matrix was cut in the first place and he is no longer about and if Warner's pushed for this film it might be allowed uncut at a 15 cert it will certainly be uncut for an 18certificate but i can't see Warner's wanting the 18certificate.

12. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    It is. :) No cuts, and PAL. Also had a proper case, rather than (at the time) those Warner snapper cases.

To be honest, the only thing which might tempt me to get this would be if they were DTS. UK Customs must be rubbing their mits at this announcement! :rolleyes: