Matrix switch that will support 4K, Dolby Atmos and 2.2 compatible

Hi all

I am only a novice on this so go easy with terminology etc. please, and please be patient with me:smashin::smashin:

I currently have a relatively basic hdcp 1.4, 4K switcher (4 in 4 out) as part of my set up and am looking to upgrade for a few reasons:

• From research I believe I need it to be hdcp 2.2 compatible to allow 4k(UHDR) to pass through??
  • I am also looking to enable Dolby Atmos pass through as well as I have just added a Sonos Arc to my main TV and am in the process of upgrading my Sky Q to the 2TB box and was hoping to achieve 4K & Dolby Atmos at my main TV via the switcher
  • My current unit is fairly standard so as part of my upgrade I was looking to go for a HD Based type and possibly even 4/6 Input/6 Output??
With the above in mind can anyone offer any recommendations on a Matrix Switcher that would help me achieve the above.

My budget would be App €1,500 - €1,750.00 but would push €2K if the unit would offer what I need and be long term.

thanks in advance

Rgds

Brian

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
A reliable 4x4 HDBT Matrix which supports 4K UHD, HDR etc is possible within your budget - where you can run into issues is where one or more of your Display devices does not support the format your Source is capable of!

A larger HDBT matrix which supports 4K UHD will be tricky even at the higher end of your budget - though if you could accept one or two 'mirrored' Outputs it may be possible.

You could consider a 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 capable UHD over LAN Matrix - budget will again be an issue, though the more granular design allows for a staged installation.

We have recently replaced a few 4x4 and 4x8 'HD/HDCP1.4' HDBT Matrix with 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 capable HBDT Matrix - drop me a note if you want more detail.

Joe

A reliable 4x4 HDBT Matrix which supports 4K UHD, HDR etc is possible within your budget - where you can run into issues is where one or more of your Display devices does not support the format your Source is capable of!

A larger HDBT matrix which supports 4K UHD will be tricky even at the higher end of your budget - though if you could accept one or two 'mirrored' Outputs it may be possible.

You could consider a 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 capable UHD over LAN Matrix - budget will again be an issue, though the more granular design allows for a staged installation.

We have recently replaced a few 4x4 and 4x8 'HD/HDCP1.4' HDBT Matrix with 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 capable HBDT Matrix - drop me a note if you want more detail.

Joe
Hi Joe

Thanks for feedback

I will pull together TV specs and get back to you for further discussion.

Tks

Brian

Hi Joe

Thanks for feedback

I will pull together TV specs and get back to you for further discussion.

Tks

Brian
Hi Joe

My main sources would be as below:

• Sky Q 2TB box
  • Sky Q mini box (possibly 2)
  • 4K Media player
  • Panasonic Blue Ray player -DMP-BD35
Tv's will be as below - I don't have exact model numbers:

• Samsung 4K/UHD 60" - Series 6
  • Samsung 4K/UHD 43" - Series 6
  • Samsung 4K/UHD 55" - Series 7
  • Samsung 55" - this is an old model (UE55D8000 - 1080p) - this actually gives me currrent issues on the standard Matrix by switching on & off?? - I would be looking to upgrade this in time so not too worried on this one
I am open to any advise on a suitable system that you may have for us.

Thanks in advance

Rgds

Brian

sbriggs

Hi

I have dropped you PM as we have a 6x6 HDBaset-v2 Matrix with 6 receivers that supports 4K/UHD , Atmos, HDCP2.2 that fits in your budget

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom