• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Matrix Revolutions *defect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubliner1

Sorry if this has already been discussed- did a search on here but didn't find anything.
Was watching the Matrix Revolutions last night and noticed a video glitch at approx. 1:45:45 into the movie where the picture breaks up.
Did a search on some other sites and this issue also exists on U.S. discs for which Warner Bros has a replacement disc program in place. Is there a replacement program for UK customers?
here's what it looks like...
Matrix Revolutions Blu-Ray problem

darrenthebear

I just checked my copy from the UK trilogy boxset (UK PS3 60GB, when I eventually prised it out of the slipcase!) and there's no picture break up but instead it skips a frame. It's hard to notice because of the lightning effects going on at the time but it's definitely there.

edit: exactly what that article says re: PS3 playback :laugh:

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
The orginal run of discs had the problem. How bad it is depends on the player. I get a frame or two with small amount of pixelation around the edges of the characters (nowhere near as bad as that screenshot). It has been since sorted out if anyone want to buy it now.

mentasm

Distinguished Member
There is another (quite lengthy) thread about it somewhere on here. As others have said, it was an authoring issue with the first run of discs. There is a replacement program in place. You need to call Warner and they'll ask you to return the disc (or possibly the whole set) to them. I ended up exchanging mine at the retailer because it was quicker.

Some players show pixelation for a few frame, others skip the glitch entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom