Matrix Revolutions and The Last Samurai for £10.99 each

lazarus

Established Member
Reaction score
region 3 at cdwow

very tasty with the vouchers an all.....

Cheers for that - just ordered them both :smashin:

no problemo m8

i ordered the region 1 versions from dvdsoon a few weeks ago - they were around a tenner each.

Cheers, stiil had some vouchers so bagged Last Samurai for £7.99 :clap:

Have already got Matrix Revolutions (R1)on pre-order from DVDSoon - c/c statement shows it cost £9.78 - shame I'd already ordered it as I could have had that for £7.99 as well :mad:

Although not many CDWow vouchers left now so best I use them sparingly! :smashin:

Just bagged Last Samurai for £8.49 using the old method!

Has anyone seen Last Samurai at the cinema and can let me know if there are any scenes with non-english dialogue which are subtitled? I say this because I just watched the R3 Once upon a time in Mexico and all the non-english dialogue isn't subtitled. Presumably, with it being R3 they are expecting people to be watching it with the Asia subtitles throughout.

Many thanks,
Marcus

Thanks Tejstar - I'll probably pay extra and go for the R1 just to be on the safe side.

Didn't "mugsy" say that his region 3 version of Once upon a time in mexico didn't have the english transalation appear where they should have appeared in the film ?

If this is the case, surely, however cheaper the R3 version is - simply put that aint good, is it ?

Especially on films that have foreign language spoken in them, like the last samurai

Hopefully that was just a "one off" and this region 3 version will be the same as the region 1 - if anyone knows for certain please post - it would seem to be obvious that the studio should put the English subtitles on automatically with the English soundtrack surely?

my point exaclty - It would be a silly thing to do.

Is mugsy sure the DVD is region 3. I mean apart from the DVD cover showing a R3 on it (which I presume it does) do you know for sure it's a R3 version. I say this because I know the Region zero version does exactly the same.

My region 3 OATIM had no subs automatically on for the spanish bits, and I thought it was strange at the time, now I know why I sold it so quick after watching it.
Oh, and the film was pants too :p

Spoony.

Originally posted by andypandy
my point exaclty - It would be a silly thing to do.

Is mugsy sure the DVD is region 3. I mean apart from the DVD cover showing a R3 on it (which I presume it does) do you know for sure it's a R3 version. I say this because I know the Region zero version does exactly the same.

Yes, it's definately Region 3. I've been informed that Warner Bros (distributors of Last Samurai) use burnt in subs and I can see from the deleted scenes on Once upon a time in Mexico (which contain mexican dialogue) that the subs on this are player generated. I expect it's cheaper and with it being produced/disctributed by Robert Rodriguez it was on a tight budget.

Still not 100% decided but i'll probably risk the R3 Last Samurai :suicide:

once upon a time in mexico & desparado and el machini box set in woolworths for £24.99 bargin if your paying a tenner for the one dvd

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom