1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Reloaded, proof, good script needed!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Harj, May 23, 2003.

1. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Watched last night, by mine and audiences reaction, yes it was enjoyable but only because the action sequnces saved it. The script and plot (holes) were POOR!
    The dialogue bits seemed rushed not in time wise, but simply not enough thought was put in.

Basically the film can be summed up as good friday nights entetainment, but could have been a whole lot better.

Summary

Poor dialogue, opens up vast holes in
    Stunning action

Poor dialogue , opens black holes in plot
    Stunning action

etc etc

2. Sammy Jankis

Sammy Jankis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw The Matrix Reloaded last night and was quite disapointed. Some of the fight scenes were marred by the fact it was obvious that the combatants were computer generated and not human. Neo seemed to be slower and not as 'all powerful' as he was portrayed at the end of the last movie. Agent smith had no real purpose but to be an excuse for a couple of fight scenes.
    It seems the big sci - fi movies makers are getting carried away with special effects at the expense of a good story. I was disapointed by the recent Star Wars movies and found the LOTR movies too rambling and over long.
    Maybe I'm just showing my age (37).

3. ISHANTY

ISHANTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    i totally agree it wasn't thatt good the really messed it up what a big disappontment what were they thinking at warner brothers releasing a film like that more hype than good script

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    I read a review in one of the papers today and they gave it one star and this for the biggest opener this year, and one of the biggest ever.

Glad X-Men 2 was good.:cool: :smoke:

5. kennydies

kennydies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I agree, though it was definately lacking a story line. But it may all be explained in Novemeber.

They could have chopped out most of the 1st 20 minutes as well. What was the point of the 10minute dance scene and the love scene?

Me

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, and maybe the third Star Wars movie will explain all the plot holes from AotC. :D Delusion knows no bounds.

7. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I thought it was amazing ..best film I have seen in a very long time

8. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    neilo

Best film in a long time? Go to the cinema more and discover mate!

I think, apart from the action scenes, that this film was rushed (script/plot/acting), and as we know from our Star wars seqals (PM and ATOC), once you have the audience you will pull them back.

BTW watched ATOC the other day and fell asleep cos it bored me to death, another example where the film drags because of poor acting/script/plot. Only the fight scenes do any justice, but htis means that next time i watch it i'll just be skipping chapoters, smethiung i aint done since i was about 1o years old!.

9. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    my spelling is awful.

10. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I also thought it was terrible. The script is so pompous and it takes itself way too seriously, with constant preaching and cod philosophy. The dialogue was almost laughable.

Plus, the film just meandered. There was no real three-act structure so there was never a real sense of progression. I know it is the middle of a trilogy but the film should still have a sense of purpose.

As someone else mentioned I think the special effects really let things down. Human CGI is still not there, and this film was more than adequate proof that we are still actually quite a way off.

A huge disappointment, and here's someone else thankful for X2 over recent months.

11. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    just laffs
    I watch plenty of films thanks

12. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No offense to the people who liked the film, but it's really a shame that a sub-par movie can be released and still make a ton of money just because it's a sequel. The third one will also make a ton of money, even if it's worse.

I just wish people would do a little research before feeding the blockbuster-machine.

13. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    and wot reaearch would that be ?

14. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe reading a few of the numerous reviews available that say exactly what others on the forum have been saying. (plotholes, bad script, dodgy CGI, etc)

15. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    So I read wots been said and because i few people I dont know dont like something I should not go and make up my own mind ?

16. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Works for me. I've avoided quite a few stinkers this way. Rotten Tomatoes is great, because you can gauge a large number of reviews, instead of just relying on a single one.

17. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    would sooner make up my own mind thanks....the world raved about how great Chicago was I think that it was the biggest pile of s*** ever..........the "critics" slated Citizen Kane,nuff said

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheMatrixReloaded-1122457/

kind of a mixed view wouldnt you say ?
    ..plus as for making up my mind on going to see a movie based on wot people see here is a joke..there is a whole page about Kim Bauers nipples in 24..very mature and insightful..me thinks not

18. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :)

I loved it, I can't wait for Revolutions, I absolutely loved it. I walked out of the cinema desperate for more of the same and feeling like I'd been through something amazing.

19. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I have to say, but I think that the younger generation of cinemagoers are actually being brainwashed into thinking that junk like "The Matrix" is real cinema!

Unfortunately, just as with all the braindead dross of reality shows on TV, people are forgetting the films that are really worth watching.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't watch or even love a good cheesy film, or a Hollywood blockbuster, but considering Hollywood is the dominant maker of films, it doesn't half turn out a lot of utter b***ocks!

"Shiri" was a little Korean action film, that was soooo much better than "The Matrix Reloaded" was, and that movie had a proper plot, decent special effects (with almost no CGI stuff), and a good, tension-filled script.

"Matrix...." is just another one of those films where Hollywood thinks that if you wow the audience with special effects, they'll forgive the non-existant plot, and huge plot holes! Sorry, but I like to be treated to something a little more intelligent than 138 minutes of CGI effects. Hell, they're not even that great! The bullet-time phenomenon is just so passe now, as it's used in every other ad on TV, let alone in films and videos.

And some of the fight scenes, were truly appallingly choreographed, even by the great Yeun Woo Ping! Give me a good John Woo or Bruce Lee flick, or something more intelligent like the stuff that comes from Europe and the Far East.

"The Matrix Reloaded" - a Hollywood masterpiece? Pah! Even Ed Wood wouldn't have given his name to this stinking carcass of a movie!

Pooch

20. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone think bringing out the 3rd matrix so soon after 2nd is a sign that makers know its a weak film and would struggle to get everyone back to see it if they left it say a year or more?

just my thought...... proberly wrong:)

21. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, it is all about opinions. Not seen the Matrix Reloaded and will not go to the cinema (don't like people you see!)
    I will however buy this film at Xmas and watch it at home.
    I am intruiged and it's quite logical that having enjoyed the first movie i will be keen to see the sequel(s). You see, i can make up my own mind.
    Just because you guys didn't like it doesn't mean that everybody who is enjoyed it is wrong. I get the feeling that it is this summers hip thing to do - ie slag off the matrix. You guys don't write for the NME do you?
    Actually, being so well informed why don't you use some of your time MAKING MOVIES that we would all like to see... :)

22. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont get me wrong i did like it, proberly still better than 90% of the films out there, i think i built myself up to much for it, first film i have ever prebooked tickets for,
    just did not leave the cinema in one of those moods that i was expecting, maybe that was the problem i was not expecting the 1st one to be that good sort of came out of the blue,

:) :) :)

23. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,971
    I didn't catch any of the hype, or build up to this release. I went this afternoon to see it and was initially disapointed with the first 40 mins or so. But when we meet the french man (wont go into it anymore than that) the film picks up it's pace, and the plot makes perfect sense to me anyway, infact i now think the same as the spioler post regarding Zion, and i can't wait to see if I am right, if I am, then it will be a master stroke.
    There were some rather poor scenes in that first 40 minutes, dance scene etc. But overall it was a mid trilogy movie, which serves its purpose moving the story on and bringing in new plot lines.
    3/5

24. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the film was outstanding the Zion sequence was a bit dodgy but other than that first class for me

The fight sequences were simply awesome

My only disappointment was after waiting for 10 minutes the trailer for Revolutions was pants

All I have heard from the press etc is how confusing it is and it doesn't make any sense, it seemed fine to me.

25. Vection

Vection
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The matrix franchise seems to under going the beginnings of it's backlash. Every mass marketed/hyped franchise has one.
    I havent seen the film but I enjoyed the first one so i'll be going to see the second as and when I can. I've seen plenty of movies that 'critics' have slated and I enjoyed them. Seems to me that 'professional' critics add very little to the media world.

It looks as if its going to be a make or break movie for the trilogy.

26. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,971
    Nah, I don't think so, it's made $150m+ already at the box office.

Thing is, like all good sci-fi, the first movie was a sleeper hit, it didn't make real money until it hit DVD. This time round everyone has their own pre-conceptions as to what should happen, or what things should look like. This plus over exposure in the media and the hype, spells doom for any big franchise. The original SW movies were panned by critics, yet look at the following they have now. Nobody expected the first Star Wars movie as they didn't expect the Matrix back in 1999, they moved the bar in their respective times. You very rarely get a sequel which can upstage the original (maybe Aliens?).

I think people will always differ over a sequel and what it should be.

27. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This film was amazing. No other words needed, stupendous.

28. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Seen it twice now, and still think its brilliant film

29. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    has seen it twice too and no one will make me think its anything but brilliant

30. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +835
    treated as a mid-trilogy film, really enjoyed it.

btw - as a side note, i liked the look of that new Pirate film with Johnny Depp, except of course, no need to go and see it - thanks to the over-long trailer.

Dean