1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Reloaded price

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by GrahamC, Jul 16, 2003.

1. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    :eek: :eek: :eek: £27 SRP :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out ezydvd.com.au for R4 price.
    Rog

3. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.movietyme.com Matrix Reloaded R1 at £17.99.

I order from them the new Iron Maiden dvd R1 for £9.99 plus free p&p whereas at cdwow its £13.99.

4. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    As Reloaded is Warner, there shouldn't be a dual language cover to worry about, so I would bet the cheapest will be DVD Soon, once they list it.

5. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    What about PLAY lads... don't we shop there anymore?

R1 £16.99 (ntsc ps at a nicker cheaper.... BARGAIN!!!)
    R2 £17.99

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty disappointed by the confirmed extras for the Matrix sequel, 3 years ago they might have been cutting edge but times have moved on and films like Lord Of The Rings have shown that people have greater expectations, i'm also disappointed at Warners continued Anti-dts stance, on a cutting edge film like the Matrix Reloaded the choice of dts or dolby digital should be made available for consumers to choose.

All in all i'll still buy the film but i'm disappointed at whats been confirmed and the lack of dts sound options.

7. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The direction seems to be at the moment, that the 'ultimate' version of many films is not the initial release, but many extra features are saved for a later 'special edition'. To me, this is a complete rip off to consumers, and DVD collectors, and I really think there should be legislation that film companies have to state if a second release is planned, which would at least give buyers the choice of buying the DVD now, or waiting for the 'special edition'. :lesson:

8. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By looking at those features I think it's almost certain that Warner will releaase a Box set with all three matrix which will be the 'ultimate' versions with loads fo special features.

Silver has said that he wants to release another version of the matrix with better picture quality so I wouldn't be surprised in in this box set a new version of The Matrix is there too. I agree it is a total rip off if they don't tell people. At leat with LOTR people have the choice to wait as they know about the extended edition. Althougth it is nice ot have the original version of the film on one DVD then the extedned 'Super' version so I will be buying both of The Two Towers.

9. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While I completely agree with you on this, there are ways round it for the companies... all they have to do is say they're not planning a second release to the customers, then 6 months later, say, "oh, we found some more footage that just appeared, and we feel people should see it".

The only way to stop them from ripping us off, is to just not by the second 'special edition' release, but how many people do you know that will do this? I certainly won't :(

And yes, there's obviously going to be an 'ultimate edition trilogy box set' released with superb PQ and 5.1/6.1/7.1/dts sound. It will be criminal if WB don't provide this!

10. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    What would be the ideal kick up the a*se for the companies is for no one to buy the original versions! Of course, film fans will always buy the first release, in most cases, but wouldn't it be great if there was a worldwide consumers boycott of a major release such as Reloaded, just to show the film companies how we feel about being stitched up!

11. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    at 9.99 this would be over priced, it will sell by the shed load, but lets face it people are lemmings, by far the most disappointing film of the year will become the most disappointing DVD.

Gary

12. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +908
    I agree, this is one film that was below average at best.
    I'll save my money and spend it on something a little more worth while. A second hand pair of skidded-up underpants maybe.

A dts soundtrack, no matter how arousing it might be (I guess that's something we won't know), just couldn't polish up this turd enough to warrant a purchase

13. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Matris: Reloaded - over hyped, over priced and over here.

Gary

14. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Over-priced, I think its a crime to charge SRP £27 unless it is a special box set or a special BBC documentary or something... what the fudge are Warner thinking?