1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix R2 uncut with Audio Commentary

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Nick23, May 29, 2003.

1. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I know that the current version(s) of the matrix R2 are cut and don't have the audio commentaries by Carrie-Anne-Moss etc.

After watching The Matrix on channel 5 last week I noticed that they appeared to air the uncut version, which included the headbutts. According to DVD compare, the reason the audio commentary was dropped from all other R2 was because the cuts made the commentary fall out of sync.

Since channel 5 has aired this version, do you suppose that we can expect to see it on R2 DVD soon?

I don't know why I haven't bought it before, but I can imagine a 5 disk box set being released next year containing The Matrix, Reloaded, Revolutions, Revisted, and a bonus feature disk.

Thanks

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only way to get it uncut on R2 is if they up the rating to an 18. The BBFC are very firm on headbutts (silly sods). Warner were offered an 18 rating but declined it as they wanted the largest possible audience, so they cut the headbutts to get it down to a 15. It was shown on Ch5 uncut because it was shown late and different rules apply (it's like Ch5 showing an 18 rated movie).

You should just buy the Reg 4 which is uncut and still PAL. Reported better quality than the Reg 1 too. Probably will be a boxset released at some point, later rather than sooner I would've thought, as Warner will want to get as much money from the single disk versions as possible. Personally, I'm not waiting for the boxsets. It's the films I want and I don't care too much for a nice giftset with lobby cards :)

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Where's the best place to get a R4 copy? CDWOW don't carry it.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
  5. Fjolle

Fjolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Other R2 versions of the matrix dvd is uncut, but unfortunately there aint no commentaries on it :(

6. Droogie 2001

Droogie 2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    To be honest I would not even bother with the commentaries
    Being a big fan of commentaires I was extremley disappointed with the commentaries on the R1 disk. I think there have been only a few other commentaires I have disliked more.

When Carrie Ann Moss does eventually turn up she talks intermittenley for about 15 mins and thats it!

This is obviously my opinion but sorry to put a downer on it.

:(

7. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I think the music only track is well worth the money (I prefer the lobby shootout and 'I know Kung fu" like this) and the commentary where Moss upsets the nerd and he stops talking for 10 mins is very funny!

8. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    They cut the bit out on c5 were Carrie Anne breaks the guards arm :rolleyes: I didn't watch anymore so I can't say if it was cut anywere else.

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Five did NOT air the uncut version. However, they did use an uncut print, and then edited it, to make it suitable for the 9pm timeslot. As such, some edits were different to those on the R2 DVD.

Pooch

10. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    So they DID air an uncut print, but one which was edited. Logic demands reason.