Matrix.....how bad is ITV

Mep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
firstly, they make a big thing about showing all 3 of the Matrix films over 3 successive nights..............(is there anybody that hasn't seen them or doesn't own them on DVD?) then they stick the news in the middle of them and break to adverts regardless of the action going down at the time. They just seem so out of touch with the viewing public.

ITV? Oh yeah..... Idiot TV....! Amazes me that they got permission to have FOUR channels, and then a game show one! Madness! It's all crap!

spot on mate!

...and to broadcast in almost perfect (to my eyes) digital bandwidth but in full screen ?!? - what happened to the directors' aspect ratio ? Does look superb on an LCD, though, and that is a good enough reason to be filling the space in between the adverts.

jordanash said:
...and to broadcast in almost perfect (to my eyes) digital bandwidth but in full screen ?!? - what happened to the directors' aspect ratio ? Does look superb on an LCD, though, and that is a good enough reason to be filling the space in between the adverts.
it did look bloomin good quality :smashin:

ITV don't care about the quality of their presentation, just so long as us mugs watch their adverts.

I don't like ITV at all. :(

I love the idea of promoting that they are broadcasting the premire of the matrix trilogy then putting ads and the news inbetween :rolleyes:. I think that anyone interested in watching the matrix would have it on dvd by now.

Sat

Why they put the news smack in the middle of a movie is beyond me. They obviuosly havent got a clue. 1/10 for effort

Razor said:
Why they put the news smack in the middle of a movie is beyond me. They obviuosly havent got a clue. 1/10 for effort

What do you mean the news was in the middle of the Matrix? I thought Mr Prescots love triangle cameo was an excellent plot twist!

Toasty said:
What do you mean the news was in the middle of the Matrix? I thought Mr Prescots love triangle cameo was an excellent plot twist!
:rotfl: I hear he has to take up two life pods in the matrix. :p The machines then cut him loose as he conumes more energy than he returns :D

S.

I somehow don't think we will see ITV HD for a long long time to come they cant even manage to show things in 16:9 with any sort of regularity ;)

did'nt know that people stilled watched TV. whats the point everthing is on Bit Torrent months before...

Reign-Mack said:
did'nt know that people stilled watched TV. whats the point everthing is on Bit Torrent months before...

Not everyone has the means to download, or even want to.

Reign-Mack said:

Too right, theres no ads with downloaded files which suits me just fine. Then just stream it to your tv :thumbsup:.

Sat

On a similar note, has anyone noticed how much higher the volume is on ads compared to programmes? I don't watch much tv, but really noticed it watching sopranos.

Temujin said:
On a similar note, has anyone noticed how much higher the volume is on ads compared to programmes? I don't watch much tv, but really noticed it watching sopranos.

When challenged on this subject, the broadcasters always deny turning up the sound on adverts. I think it is the other way round, they lower the sound for programmes (Sky are the worst offenders, especially during Stargate) so the veiwer has to turn up the sound to hear the programme, hence the adverts. are louder by comparison.

Barbara2001 said:
When challenged on this subject, the broadcasters always deny turning up the sound on adverts. I think it is the other way round, they lower the sound for programmes (Sky are the worst offenders, especially during Stargate) so the veiwer has to turn up the sound to hear the programme, hence the adverts. are louder by comparison.

It fails I don't turn volume down I turn volume off!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom