Matrix and Trek in HD!

AndyH

Established Member
Reaction score
Hidden in the back of the free Movies mag, looks like a treat for me at least next month!

Matrix 1

Star Trek 2, Generations and First Contact

Hurrah! Wonder if they'll roll out all the other Trek films in HD over the next few months.

Hurrah! Wonder if they'll roll out all the other Trek films in HD over the next few months.

Yes, 9 of them across the 8th and 9th of next month:)

ST II + VI is worth getting i think.

Picards over acting winds me up

Makes me chuckle every time I see that written down :)

I gather they are only showing The Matrix, why not the others, they are a trilogy and need to be seen close together.

Yep, back to back is the way to do it:)

I would assume the current rights are tied up with another broadcaster, the trilogy would be a big headliner for SKY HD if it was possible.

free Movies mag

What's that then? I get a free mag from sky but its not about movies specifically. Is that the same one your referring too, or am I missing out on an extra mag???

I gather they are only showing The Matrix, why not the others, they are a trilogy and need to be seen close together.

Sky are just being kind to us, sparing us the misery of the other two :rotfl:

Unfortunately Sky seems to be in the habit of not showing the complete movie series.
Three that come to mind are:

Fast and the furious Tokyo drift, been shown loads of times but no sign of parts 1 & 2.

Highlander 2 The Quickening, probably the worst of the series of highlander films. Once again, shown more times than I can count and once again no sight of the other movies in this series.

Final destination 3, on every week but unfortunately never seen the first two on HD.

I’m sure there are other examples of this but at least they are having a go with the Star Trek movies next month.

Sky are just being kind to us, sparing us the misery of the other two :rotfl:

I thought Reloaded was a good film, and Revolutions when viewed as a conclusion rather than a standalone film is acceptable, although I wish that Revolutions hadn't been such a pile I would sooner see it rather than not.

Thanks for the heads up, Really looking forward to both films .. HD :smashin:

What's that then? I get a free mag from sky but its not about movies specifically. Is that the same one your referring too, or am I missing out on an extra mag???

If you don't get this then yes you're missing a mag.

Since Sky upgraded the magazines they are worse than ever. The main mag is now a copy of Pick me UP, and the movie mag is missing too many listings, if you are even able to read the tiny text, I often look for a film that isn't in the book, then when I check online I find that it is in fact on.

They fill these mags with rubbish stories like my husband disappeared and then I found out he was having an affair with my uncles pet panda, and ignore useful features like the date and time a programme/film is on.

my husband disappeared and then I found out he was having an affair with my uncles pet panda.
:rotfl:

Jerry Springer would buy that as a show idea :D

Monday 7th April

11am - Star Trek: The Motion Picture
1.15pm - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
3.15pm - Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
5.05pm - Star Trek: IV: The Voyage Home
7.10pm - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Tuesday 8th April

12.45pm - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
2.45pm - Star Trek: Generations
4.50pm - Star Trek: First Contact
11.00pm - Star Trek: Insurrection

Either First Contact is a lot longer than I remember, or we get a little break at that point!

I'm embarassingly excited by all this.

Edit - anyone know if the first is the recent tweaked version with updated FX?

And The Shat doesn't over act ?

Yes he does, he also......talks.........like..........this.........with.........annoying.........pauses........after..............each.........word.......for...........dramatic.........effect :D

Yes he does, he also......talks.........like..........this.........with.........annoying.........pauses........after..............each.........word.......for...........dramatic.........effect :D

:D if you ever have a chance to listen to this CD then you will hear a concept called 'over-singing' :D

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Monday 7th April

11am - Star Trek: The Motion Picture
1.15pm - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
3.15pm - Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
5.05pm - Star Trek: IV: The Voyage Home
7.10pm - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Tuesday 8th April

12.45pm - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
2.45pm - Star Trek: Generations
4.50pm - Star Trek: First Contact
11.00pm - Star Trek: Insurrection

:eek: Just how big a HDD does Sky think we have in our HD boxes? Couldn't they have spread these out over a few weeks instead of 5 movies a day.

I'm not the biggest Star Trek fan but I'm looking forward to First Contact

I wont watch all of them, as some are really poor and I have already seen them alot, but I will give some of them a go. I will give Star Trek Motion Picture a go just as it is the oldest, and want to see how well it has been done, and First Contact has to be one of the best films, just wish they had Nemesis, I have only seen that once.

:eek: Just how big a HDD does Sky think we have in our HD boxes? Couldn't they have spread these out over a few weeks instead of 5 movies a day.

thats the main reason i took the plunge and upgraded my box to the 1 terabite drive, now i have plenty of space to record them all.

Also noticed lost boys in HD is on next tuesday evening as well:thumbsup:

If I were a betting man, I'd expect to see these scattered around the schedule once this extravaganza is over.

That's what happened with the 6 Star Wars films, they showed them in chronological order and story order first. Actually, did they then show them ad-hoc in HD, or was that only on the SD movie channels..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom