Maths Joke

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
For the maths sorta of people a joke that you will appreciate and understand :D

Please note: the picture is not mine, i could have made a bad version in paint as i have only ever seen the joke drawn. I found the picture via google from here maths joke pictures!

Attachments

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
:D, reminds me of an email i got...

50 nerdy pickup lines,

1. You’re like an exothermic reaction, you spread your hotness everywhere!

2. I wish I was your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves.

3. You’re like a dictionary, you add meaning to my life!

4. If I was an enzyme, I’d be helicase so I could unzip your genes.

5. I’m attracted to you so strongly, scientists will have to develop a fifth fundamental force.

6. Baby, you overclock my processor.

7. Be my queen and mate me with your knight moves.

8. Baby, you make my floppy disk turn into a hard drive

9. You make me want to calibrate my joystick without the latest drivers.

10.You defragment my life.

11. Do you think we can make it a step more serious and disable network sharing?

12. You must be auxin, cause you are causing me to have rapid stem elongation.

13. Baby, let me find your nth term.

14. I don’t have a library card, but do you mind if I check you out?

15. Baby I’ll treat you like my homework — I’ll slam you on the table and do you all night long

16. Hey baby, can I see what’s under your radical?

17. If I were an integral, I’d fill you up.

18. I’m a fermata… hold me

19. I think my heart just lagged.

20. I wish I were your second derivative so I could fill your concavities.

21. Did you just combust?? Because you’re HOT!

22. By looking at you I can tell you’re 36-25-36, which by the way are all perfect squares.

23. It doesn’t take a genius to see how gorgeous you are, but if it did, I would be overqualified.

24. Baby, if you were words on a page, you’d be what they call FINE PRINT!

25. What do you say we go back to my room and do some math: Add a bed, subtract our clothes, divide your legs, and multiply

26. Baby, you’re a 9.999999999…but you’d be a 10 if you were with me.

27. Baby, every time I see you, my cardiovascular system gets all worked up

28. I wish I were adenine because then I could get paired with U.

29. What’s your sine? It must be pi/2 because you’re the 1

30. If my right leg was Christmas and my left was Easter, would you like to spend some time between the holidays?

31. You have nicer legs than an Isosceles right triangle.

32. You’re so cute you make my zygomaticus muscles contract. (Muscles that make you smile)

33. When you and me get together it’s like superposition of 2 waves in phase.

34. Want to meet up so I can excite your natural frequency?

35. If I was sin^2 and you were cos^2 together we would be 1

36. You know.. it’s not the length of the vector that counts… it’s how you apply the force

37. If I move my lips half the distance to yours… and then half again… and again… etc…. would they ever meet? no? Well in this specific case I am going to disprove your assumption.

38. Your name is Leslie? Look, I can spell your name on my calculator!

39. If I was an endoplasmic reticulum, how would you want me: smooth or rough?

40. I wish I was an Ion so I could form an exothermic bond with you.

41. If my right leg is the cell wall and my left the membrane, do you want to be the cytoplasm?

42. Our love is like dividing by zero…. you cannot define it

43. Let’s meet somewhere… you bring your beaker and I’ll bring my stirring rod

44. Baby let me be your integral so I can be the area under your curves

45. Hey baby, what’s your tanx cosx?

46. Let’s get together and test the spring potential of my mattress

47. Let’s discover our coefficient of friction

48. Baby, you’re so gneiss I’ll never take you for granite.

49. I less than three you….. (i < 3 you)

50. I heard you’re sin because you’re always on top when we make tangent

I think I get this joke. The "i", for imaginary part of a complex number, is telling the "pi" to not be so endless (pi defined to so many decimal places), whilst the "pi" is telling the "i" to get its real number counterpart. Am I right?
more or less.

i is just used to represent a number that when squared = -1
It is not a 'real' number - where as pi is a real number that is 'irrational' rather than rational because it instead of having a fixed number of decimal places or a continual repeating sequence ( 0.333333333 repeating etc) .. it has a infinite number of decimal places.

... sort of spoils a joke though :(

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
I think I get this joke. The "i", for imaginary part of a complex number, is telling the "pi" to not be so endless (pi defined to so many decimal places), whilst the "pi" is telling the "i" to get its real number counterpart. Am I right?
effectively you are

to explain it for others, a rational number is a number that can be written as a fraction eg 1/3 = 0.3333(recurring) and pi cannot be fully written as a fraction (only approximations can be)

"i" is the notation for the square root of -1 which otherwise cannot be done. and so it is not a real number eg unlike the square root of 4 = +/- 2 which is real

thats as best as i can explain it at this time in the morn :)

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
:D, reminds me of an email i got...
they are brilliant - and could be useful :D

@ Iccz: lol, and some of the other cartoons are funny

Rygar

Novice Member
This reminds me of that line: there are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't. :)

...which was the only maths joke I know as well :D

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
This reminds me of that line: there are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't. :)
its funny when you show it to someone and they dont understand it :D

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Seriously can someone explain it to me?
in binary 10 means 2 in denary

therefore it reads "There are 2 people in the world - those that can understand binary and those that cant"

:D

RPupkin

in binary 10 means 2 in denary

therefore it reads "There are 2 people in the world - those that can understand binary and those that cant"

:D
I thought it was the same but because 1 and 0 are the only TWO numbers in binary.

FAIL :(:rotfl:

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
I thought it was the same but because 1 and 0 are the only TWO numbers in binary.

FAIL :(:rotfl:
nope if you look at binary counting you have different columns eg a byte (8 bits)

for 0 in denary is 00000000 and each column represents a value. the very right is 2^0 (=1), the next 2^1 (=2), next 2^2 (=4) ... very left is 2^7 (=128)

if a "1" is there then its add the corresponding values up
eg 000001010 = 6 as its (2^1) + (2^2)

you still got the meaning though

Rygar

Novice Member
Just remember the binary joke only works when written down...doesn't really work when said out loud.

Just in case anyone trys to be clever if they happen to find themselves at dinner party full of mathematicians or something :D

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Just remember the binary joke only works when written down...doesn't really work when said out loud.

Just in case anyone trys to be clever if they happen to find themselves at dinner party full of mathematicians or something :D
or regarding the second post - a bar of females :D

nope if you look at binary counting you have different columns eg a byte (8 bits)

for 0 in denary is 00000000 and each column represents a value. the very right is 2^0 (=1), the next 2^1 (=2), next 2^2 (=4) ... very left is 2^7 (=128)

if a "1" is there then its add the corresponding values up
eg 000001010 = 6 as its (2^1) + (2^2)

you still got the meaning though
aye - to actually say it out loud like rygar mentions spoils it -

There are only 'one zero' people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom