Matchstick Men R2 Review

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Matt Brown reviews the R2 release of Matchstick Men
Read the review Here

Thanks for the review Matt :smashin:

I think I'll give this one a rent before I decide to buy as allthough I'm a Ridley fan and very much enjoy a quirkier style of movie, I just find it hard to sit down and watch a film with Nicholas Cage as the lead since I seen Con Air...

My face looks like I just bit into a lemon every time I think of the imortal line "Put the bunny back in the box" :zonked:

Regards,
Iain.

Ian,
I think you will enjoy this one, it plods along nicely and then does your knee caps in the last third. A really unconventional thriller with comedy thrown in the mix.

Hmmm... You reviewers drive a hard bargain :D

I'll take a browse round the trades to see if I can get myself a good deal, saying that, since I don't think it did that well at the box office I'll most likely be able to pick it up new quite cheap in a couple of months anyway...

Thanks again for the good review...

Regards,
Iain.

£9.99 delivered at Blackstar.co.uk

Great deal for a great film :smashin:

Although the film is a "12", the DVD is a "15" because of the extras. Ridley Scott likes to use the f-word a lot :D

I watched it on a flight last summer - I thought it was back to classic Cage, mean, moody and not someone to introduce to your mother :)

Well I rented and watched this tonight and I have to say I really enjoyed it...

Turlough, I agree, back to classic Cage, IMO he turned out a great performance, I thought he might have over-played the sickness his character had but he pulled it off very well.

This will be joining my collection soon :smoke:

Regards,
Iain.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom