• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Matching network streamer to outdoor speakers

meagabyte

Prominent Member
Hi the people,
Am after some advice. I want to add outdoor speakers to a largish area (about 20-25m squared) but from what i have found out. Ive been looking at devices that
are rather under powered for the job like the Denon CEOL.
So what are you guys using or speakers and amp combos?

meagabyte

Prominent Member
I use my old Arcam AVR350 in stereo direct mode so around 110-120w @8ohms. Having the headroom means the sound is never strained. I would look for a good secondhand amp that has a decent power supply and power rating. S/hand Arcam amps are cheap enough. If your network streamer has a volume control you could just go for a power amp.

Speakers rated for outside use will be fine, though to make sure I take mine down in the winter as little point putting them through the extremes of winter weather if they are not being used. You could put a simple roof over each speaker from whatever you are mounting them on (mine are under eaves) and that will keep the worst of the sun and rain off - and the pigeons!!
thought id carry on here in stead of killing that last thread lol.
Well at the moment i dont have either amp/ streamer or speakers.
Ideally id want a amp/streamer combo without the need for a second amp. Its not my build but for a client really.

larkone

Distinguished Member
It all comes down to available budget then.

meagabyte

Prominent Member
Ah have a budget of about a thousand pounds for both. ideally something that is set and forget.
So the client can just whip out his phone and start playing. Hence looking at the Denon steamer as it seemed to mach that i was thinking (apart from poor wattage)

larkone

Distinguished Member
Yamaha RN602 and Klispch AW650 would fit your budget

meagabyte

Prominent Member
That looks good thank you!
Will look into that amp but i have a feeling its not got the right look :(

meagabyte

Prominent Member
What do you think of something like this?

meagabyte

Prominent Member
awesome thanks for your help

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom