Matching FONESTAR AS1515 amp with SONY SS-H2500 speakers

IJIN

Novice Member
Hello,
I have a chance to buy SONY SS-H2500 speakers for 25$. (Looks like a good deal to me) but any opinions on those, recommended ?

Anyway I would also need an amp.. and I am very rusty on all the specs, watts and ohms (I used to own a pair of oldschool PIONEERS and ONKYO TX-313 back in a day..). Good experience. Want to replicate in on a smaller scale.

So the speakers are rated 6ohm and are moderately small (shelf). I expected that they would require smallish amplifier, but 6ohm rattled me and I'm worried to fry the amp..

I found this option: Fonestar AS-1515

Would this amp match well with said speakers? or I need much more powerful amp? Any recommendations (on a budget) to go with these speakers?

Thank you for any insights, recommendations and help.
IJIN

Gray3

Hello,
I have a chance to buy SONY SS-H2500 speakers for 25$. (Looks like a good deal to me) but any opinions on those, recommended ?

Anyway I would also need an amp.. and I am very rusty on all the specs, watts and ohms (I used to own a pair of oldschool PIONEERS and ONKYO TX-313 back in a day..). Good experience. Want to replicate in on a smaller scale.

So the speakers are rated 6ohm and are moderately small (shelf). I expected that they would require smallish amplifier, but 6ohm rattled me and I'm worried to fry the amp..

I found this option: Fonestar AS-1515

Would this amp match well with said speakers? or I need much more powerful amp? Any recommendations (on a budget) to go with these speakers?

Thank you for any insights, recommendations and help.
IJIN
Not sure if you've still got your chance to buy but....I wouldn't worry about the 6 ohm rating of the speakers - it varies with all speakers in use anyway. Ratings are nominal and there's may just be more realistic.
The amp info was foreign but just check that it's happy to work at 4 ohms.
The speakers are fairly sensitive, 15W output from the amp is low but, if you're close enough to them in a small room (and don't play at loud levels) you should be OK.
Golden rule is to avoid distortion - if you do ever hear it, back off on the volume control.

Whether amp and speakers are a good sound match, only you can decide.
Good luck.

IJIN

Novice Member
Thank you for a response. Any insights on the speakers themselves? SS-H2500 and Sony in general, make good speakers?

Gray3

You're right that it's not a bad price, but it looks like a very basic model - like something they'd have supplied with one of their stack systems.
I've got no doubt that you could do a lot better to be honest.
You could take a chance and it might sound surprisingly good - but personally I would put the money toward something better.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom