1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Match The Quality

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Cabo 5150, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Cabo 5150

Cabo 5150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am seriously thinking of setting up a HCPC system, but have very little knowledge of how I might make it work. I have a Panasonic 42" Plasma panel and am currently feeding it component inputs from a quality Sony DVD player. I collect a number of episodic TV DVD's and was thinking of transferring many to a hard drive via DVD Shrink/Encrypter etc, which appear to do an excellent job of ripping them 1:1, at least when I look at them on an LCD PC screen. My question is this: is possible to match the quality of the aforementioned component DVD input from a PC based system? Can you get RGB/Component outputs from a PC? Any honest opinions greatfully received, thanks in advance.

2. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Radeon based g/c can output component and am sure that there is a hack to get RGB as well, however if you are planning to send this to your plasma, just use the VGA or DVI input, this will show a improvement over the component input.

3. EricTheO

EricTheO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just purchased an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9800 Pro and it came with a HDTV component adapter. ATI is trying to position itself as a main supplier of video proccessors in HDTV Set Top Boxes and has deals with some Asian TV manufactures to supply VPU's.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only in the US :(

Us Europeans don't want/need component according to ATI.