Masthead Amp

jethanger1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an SLX aerial amp (F Connectors) 6 outputs in my loft , rooftop aerial connected to the input. I have an SLX 2M 2 output Masthead Amp that should power itself from the aerial amp. How do i connect it so that the power feeds the Masthead amp.

Thanks

JT

http://technical.philex.com/downloads/rf/SLXM.pdf#search='slx%20masthead%20amplifier'

Thanks Andy,

That looks like what I did , but the freeview signal strength went from 49 to 5 not sure why that would happen.

All I can say is check your wiring, look for shorts etc. Sounds like your masthead is not getting any power. To check, bypass the masthead and look at your signal strength again.

Apart from checking for shorts, ensure that your plugs are properly soldered to the cables and that any wall plate or connector is not the "isolating" type.

Can I Be Blunt And Throw SLX In The Bin. On Arriving At Any Customers House To Find A SLX Install I Panic. Unfortunatly I Have Only Had A Handfull In The Past Work Or Get Decent Results And In My Oppinion IS A Budget Option.

As For Your Fault You Coult Place A Mains Tester On The Mast HEad Connections Even The 12v Will Show With A Dim Light as any installer knows when there partner plugs the mains in when your terminating in the rain. if it Fails To Light Check For Any Shorts Outer Braid Touching The Central Conductor

Some Amplifiers Need To Have A Conductor Removed Or Cut Away So That A Voltage Isnt Sent Up A Coaxial To Make A Aerial Live (with No Mast Head Check The Destructions For A Slip On Conductor That Would Allow Power Out Option However Im Not Familier With SLX And Gladly

Dont Mean To Talk You Equipment Down Just Hoping If Anyone Reads This Post They Think Twice Before Buying SLX Anything

Can I Be Blunt And Throw SLX In The Bin. On Arriving At Any Customers House To Find A SLX Install I Panic. Unfortunatly I Have Only Had A Handfull In The Past Work Or Get Decent Results And In My Oppinion IS A Budget Option.

Dont Mean To Talk You Equipment Down Just Hoping If Anyone Reads This Post They Think Twice Before Buying SLX Anything

then what would you reccomend as a good masthead amp?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom