Masthead amp required

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stereo Steve, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Not sure which forum to put this in but anyway, the builders on my house will be bringing a roof ladder later this week which gives me a chance to put up my TV airiel. I have an antiference splitter with 12v DC supply for a masthead amp but Maplin don't have any stock.

Anyone know of a internet mail order company that I can get an amp from in a hurry (next day delivery)?.

Would prefer antiference unless anyone has a better suggestion. Also, Maplin sell a 13db and 24db one. Should I get the most powerful? I'm marginal for Freeview although next door gets it fine. I have bought a big Triax hi gain airiel.

Thanks in advance.

2. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Found a Triax one on CPC.

3. simon123

simon123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i visited the antiference stand at the cai trade fair last week and they have just released a new range of fully screaned masthead amps with f connectors which is very important

if you are using a triax 32 or 52 you will already have a reasonable signal level,what is important with amplifiers is that you dont dont use one to strong or you will overload with signal

i sugest you contact a cai aerial rigger because you cant guess the signal you need a signal meter to test the levels and fit the correct amps

4. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54