Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 1 (Netflix) TV Show Review & Comments

I haven’t read the other comments but I really enjoyed it.
The script played out like an unfolding fantasy story.
Sidelining the two main characters was clever.
Some of the fighting was a bit more violent which was good.
And the urge to watch the next episode immediately was there.

Negatives?
I thought Teelas reaction to not knowing the truth about Adam was a bit overblown and over dramatic. Like petulant teenager.
The Motherboard cult thing was a bit out of place. They should have used anything that was in keeping with the world.
Tesla is too muscular and overpowered.
And finally, where was the theme tune ?!!!

Last edited:
:laugh: have to laugh at the constant referrals to Midnight Edge, whose videos are all about driving comments so his videos keep getting picked up by the Youtube algorithm.

This the guy that has claimed every years Discovery is getting cancelled, that Kurtzman has been fired about 5 times how and that he had a insider giving him hot tips from inside CBS who turned out to be another Youtuber who demonstrated that Edge will make a video on the vaguest of hearsay.

His political stance is pretty clear he doesn't like any of this progressive stuff and trying to use a one sided video to prove a point doesn't really do that at all.

I was born in 77 and watched He-Man as a kid and loved it and I loved the new one too, I don't understand how people can speak on behalf of all fans and say it wasn't for the fans.

As for political agendas I can only assume people haven't watched TV for like the last 60 odd years, all shows have had a progressive agenda. We have gone from black folks being maids and servant to the token black character to lead stars. These movements have always been there, they maybe more in your face now then before.

:laugh: have to laugh at the constant referrals to Midnight Edge, whose videos are all about driving comments so his videos keep getting picked up by the Youtube algorithm.

This the guy that has claimed every years Discovery is getting cancelled, that Kurtzman has been fired about 5 times how and that he had a insider giving him hot tips from inside CBS who turned out to be another Youtuber who demonstrated that Edge will make a video on the vaguest of hearsay.
They mostly start their the videos stating that 'these are rumours and should be taken with a pinch of salt'. Many of their videos also turned out to be true. You've not seen those ones?

His political stance is pretty clear he doesn't like any of this progressive stuff and trying to use a one sided video to prove a point doesn't really do that at all.
His political stance is clear, that is fair. The one sided videos comment is actually one sided since it ignores with serious analysis with professionals and decently sourced rumours.

I was born in 77 and watched He-Man as a kid and loved it and I loved the new one too, I don't understand how people can speak on behalf of all fans and say it wasn't for the fans.
Where have you seen someone claim to speak on behalf of the fans. Smith claimed that this was for fans of "He-man". It was also claimed that this was NOT Teela's story. The second statement is a flat out lie and the first is indeterminate but not looking good.

As for political agendas I can only assume people haven't watched TV for like the last 60 odd years, all shows have had a progressive agenda. We have gone from black folks being maids and servant to the token black character to lead stars. These movements have always been there, they maybe more in your face now then before.
You are deliberately conflating normal, organic progress with keyboard activism. But even those activists have called out this show for trying to have their cake and eat it. The two female leads are strongly inferred to either be in a relationship together or a least want to be in one. This was also denied by Smith. Another lie.

So what we have here isn't progress, but keyboard warrior activism based around appeasing obnoxious twitter activists, driven by corporate entities who want the so called "pink dollar" but are not prepared to fully commit. It's an interesting dance to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where have you seen someone claim to speak on behalf of the fans. Smith claimed that this was for fans of "He-man". It was also claimed that this was NOT Teela's story. The second statement is a flat out lie and the first is indeterminate but not looking good.
And so what? His hard work was leaked by someone who is unable to make a living being creative so they steal from creators and try and have an "exclusive" on a blog. What is a creator to do, do you want them to admit that yeah the leaked story line is correct? I hope your work is never stolen in such a way

You are deliberately conflating normal, organic progress is activism. But that's what people do in order to continue their activism. But even with all the activism, activists have called out this show for big corporations trying to have their cake and eat it. The two female leads are strongly inferred to either be or want to be in a relationship together.
And so what is if it is inferred how does that change anything. I don't care if they are or are not. I don't get fixated on these types of things like you do which speaks volumes of your thought process.

So what we have here isn't progress, but loud twitter based activism driven by corporate entities who want the so called "pink dollar" but are not prepared to fully commit. It's an interesting dance to watch.
What does that even mean? That really sounds like something you heard on Youtube which makes no sense whatsoever. It is not real progress?

And so what? His hard work was leaked by someone who is unable to make a living being creative so they steal from creators and try and have an "exclusive" on a blog. What is a creator to do, do you want them to admit that yeah the leaked story line is correct? I hope your work is never stolen in such a way
I asked you to show me where someone claimed to speak for the fans. You haven't answered that.

As for Smith, he could have just given a political answer or just stayed silent. Instead he took the Rian Johnson approach and attacked, giving his detractors all the evidence they need to call him a liar. That's on him.

And so what is if it is inferred how does that change anything. I don't care if they are or are not. I don't get fixated on these types of things like you do which speaks volumes of your thought process.
So you look at what I said, got angry at the first part, ignored the second part then came to your conclusion about my thought process? Based on what exactly? I said that Smith lied about this. THAT was my thought process. What was yours?

What does that even mean? That really sounds like something you heard on Youtube which makes no sense whatsoever. It is not real progress?
All I did was state the obvious but if it is not obvious to you then.....?. It's business, economics and human nature 101. Corporations don't care about your cause. They only care about the dollar. If you bothered to read the financial journals you would know that they do want the "pink dollar" and they will say anything but not necessarily do anything to get it. The activists can see it even if you can't. That's why people like Randolph have called them out on it.

I asked you to show me where someone claimed to speak for the fans. You haven't answered that.
I am not going to bother anymore, but I will address your point you have repeatedly said many times "Kevin Smith said this was for the fans." So are you not disputing this is for the fans?

BTW I am not the angry one ranting about the white hero, the queer baiting and the pink agenda.

It should be noted that what Kevin Smith originally said certainly falls into the "from a certain point of view" territory.

He said something along the lines that "the show is all about He-Man". Seeing that it's been about his final battle, death, resurrection - and the final five eps will probably see him become He-Man again, that's a fair enough explanation without giving too much away.

Yes, you can choose to be annoyed about that, but I think we've got an interesting and fun show, so that should be all that matters.

Also - seeing as there's another animated series on the way (that has He-Man in the title) - I really don't get why everyone is so annoyed.

It should be noted that what Kevin Smith originally said certainly falls into the "from a certain point of view" territory.

He said something along the lines that "the show is all about He-Man". Seeing that it's been about his final battle, death, resurrection - and the final five eps will probably see him become He-Man again, that's a fair enough explanation without giving too much away.

Yes, you can choose to be annoyed about that, but I think we've got an interesting and fun show, so that should be all that matters.
I'm not particularly annoyed by this, just answering why people are upset. "From a certain point of view" is just sleight of hand, or in this case sleight of tongue. Almost everything that was predicted about the show turned out to be true. He had options, he chose the Johnson route and as I said, that's on him.

Also - seeing as there's another animated series on the way (that has He-Man in the title) - I really don't get why everyone is so annoyed.
I understand that the new animated is more geared towards younger kids and definitely not aimed at its traditional fans. which is what they claimed this one would be.

I am not going to bother anymore, but I will address your point you have repeatedly said many times "Kevin Smith said this was for the fans." So are you not disputing this is for the fans?
To be fair, as Tom has pointed out, The Teela show is aimed at fans but only as long as you don't mind He-man being sidelined. That could change of course but man they've got some damage limitation to do and we all saw how well then went with Fall of Skywalker didn't we?

BTW I am not the angry one ranting about the white hero, the queer baiting and the pink agenda.
If by 'ranting' you mean answering your questions and making points based on provable facts then that is me.....and yes, that definitely is not you. I'm not so sure about the angry part though ;)

@zantarous Your handle suggests that you are a B5 fan which is always a good thing. If that is the case then there's hope for you yet ;) :)

If by 'ranting' you mean answering your questions and making points based on provable facts then that is me.....and yes, that definitely is not you. I'm not so sure about the angry part though ;)
Your main provable fact seems to be that Smith lied to you. If he had said yeah that is what the story is what difference would it have made to the the actual show. It would still have been the same, the story would still have played out? What would that have changed?

@zantarous Your handle suggests that you are a B5 fan which is always a good thing. If that is the case then there's hope for you yet ;) :)
Nope that is a name of planet in my own fictional universe for a novel I once wrote. But yes I am a B5 fan. If you're a B5 fan too then maybe the Great maker will one day show you the way.

Your main provable fact seems to be that Smith lied to you. If he had said yeah that is what the story is what difference would it have made to the the actual show. It would still have been the same, the story would still have played out? What would that have changed?
The irony is that the people complaining about "being lied to" are behaving just like Teela in the show. Surely they should relate! :devil:

It's interesting discussing issues on the Forums because there's a recurring pattern. Questions are asked which when answered morph into different questions. Statements are made which when challenged morph into different statements. It's tiresome but instructive. Anyway your questions are both rhetorical and as such don't need answering.

The irony is that the people complaining about "being lied to" are behaving just like Teela in the show. Surely they should relate! :devil:
Except I don't take it personally although I accept that some people do. I don't think that Smith lied to me personally but maybe I'm that well known lol? I don't take any of this personally, but the responses I get suggest that some "people" do.

In the end, Netflix probably don't care because to them it's just content. Smith's reputation is damaged and Mattel will likely loose money on this but maybe not as much as they did on Disney Star Wars.

Nope that is a name of planet in my own fictional universe for a novel I once wrote.
Nice! :)

But yes I am a B5 fan. If you're a B5 fan too then maybe the Great maker will one day show you the way.
;)

Apologies if this is already on the thread somewhere:

I haven't watched the video, again Randolph is just one of those Youtubers that has a particular bias to her videos. Did it not reach the top 10? I thought I saw a headline that says it left the top 10 after a week?

I just looked at IMDB and the score has gone upwards and you will find over the next 12 months it will be a lot better then the current 5. Plus only 18000+ people have voted that isn't even 1% of Netflix customer base.

I haven't watched the video, again Randolph is just one of those Youtubers that has a particular bias to her videos. Did it not reach the top 10? I thought I saw a headline that says it left the top 10 after a week?

I just looked at IMDB and the score has gone upwards and you will find over the next 12 months it will be a lot better then the current 5. Plus only 18000+ people have voted that isn't even 1% of Netflix customer base.
Watch the video, I link to the part in question and it lasts less than a minute. But the bottom line is that she basically states that Kevin Smith can't pretend that it was only a vocal minority who hated the new show.

So, counterpoint and it's my tin foil hat moment now:

If the number of people leaving negative reviews for it reflected the number of people who had seen it... surely it would have hit the top 10?
No, because it was in the top 10, but unlike almost every other top 10 show, it disappeared from both TV show and overall top 10 lists after only 1 week.

I watched it all in one sitting and want to watch part 2 so I'd say it's a success.

I had some of the toys and watched the cartoons as a kid, although it didn't hook me in the way that Transformers did so I wouldn't say I was a die hard fan, and from my perspective this incarnation is far better than the 80s cartoon; more dynamic and nuanced with a knowing wink to the dynamics and kitsch of the original.

Yes it's not the same show, but that's a good thing - if you want something exactly the same as the original just rewatch that - I suspect you'd come away disappointed as nothing holds up to the nostalgia.

I think it was perfectly watchable and that something
No, because it was in the top 10, but unlike almost every other top 10 show, it disappeared from both TV show and overall top 10 lists after only 1 week.
Can I ask what you're basing that on? Apart from the big breakthrough hits, a little bit of investigation on past Netflix top 10 lists shows that quite a lot of shows move out after a week. That includes niche hits (like the latter Fear Streets, Resident Evil, Gunpowder Milkshake) which seem to drop out of the top 10 in a week (or less).

Because of some perennial hits (like something like Manifest, Cocomelon, Sex/Life, Virgin River etc) setting root in the top 10 for a while, there's not actually much space for niches stuff to break through.

Not saying it has/hasn't been a success for Netflix or Mattell, but the Netflix top 10s don't seem to be the best of barometers, from what I've seen.

Can I ask what you're basing that on? Apart from the big breakthrough hits, a little bit of investigation on past Netflix top 10 lists shows that quite a lot of shows move out after a week. That includes niche hits (like the latter Fear Streets, Resident Evil, Gunpowder Milkshake) which seem to drop out of the top 10 in a week (or less).
Only just seen this. You could be right but the shows you mention above are films not series so while they affect the overall top 10, they are not relevant to the top 10 series.

Not saying it has/hasn't been a success for Netflix or Mattell, but the Netflix top 10s don't seem to be the best of barometers, from what I've seen.
The top 10 is a useful barometer for what Netflix subscribers are watching, but maybe more importantly, a barometer for what they are rewatching.

As I said, the new show was rumoured to be a kids show, this has now been confirmed. It's basically Fortnite the animated show.

Ram Man and been changed to Ram Ma'am. They don't even know when they are parodying themselves.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom