1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mastercare Service

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ßeta, May 4, 2005.

1. ßeta

ßeta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone had any experience of Mastercare.

I have a 10 month old Hitachi 37PD5200 Plasma TV which has developed 2 Vertical Lines from top to bottom when the unit is on for approximately half an hour.

Would this be a replacement or a repair..?? How long will I be without my Pride and Joy.???

2. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    They loan you some old cr*p 20" as replacement in the meantime. Mine was over 12 months old and into mastercare 'proper' (out of regular guarantee), they had it a smidge over 6 weeks. The manager at dixons (place of purchase) said that's too long and DEMANDED vouchers for me for replacement, which I got.

3. Ath3na

Ath3na

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Mastercare is a part of the dixons stores group. Under your mastercare plan they have 6 weeks from the date you log the fault to get it in a good working order. Normally an average LSTV turn around is about a week. Some are repaired on site. A huge van comes out to the house with all the lifts etc on the van so the csr can repair it onsite. Some units would go away to the local service center. Most repairs are back within a week. The company say that if you have to wait 6 weeks to have it repaired or longer then you can claim a 6 week rule. Hence the vouchers. Somthing to keep in mind though is the vouchers total what the product is worth now. These guys that work at the repair center really know there stuff though. So it shouldnt take long.

4. Minayr

Minayr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beta

My 37PD5200 seems to have developed a similar fault, I have single vertical line when the set has been on an hour. I've logged the fault with Mastercare, just wondering how you got on, was it repaired or relplaced etc.

5. totalmadness

totalmadness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trust me, they will give you vouchers to purchase a new screen. That model is now discontinued, so vouchers will be to the value of an equivalent model.