LG BH200		DD/DTS/DD+/DTS-HD		Yes	Yes	Q4 07

Meridian		DD/DTS			Yes	Yes	??

Integra DHS-8.8	DD/DTS/DD+/TRU-HD/DTS-HD	YeS	Yes	Q4 07

Venturer SHD7000	DD/DTS/TRU-HD		Yes	Yes	Q4 07

Alpine		DD/DTS			??	??	08

Shinco		DD/DTS			??	??	07/08

Imuse Sierra HD	DD/DTS			Yes	Yes	Q4 07
Imuse Polestar HD	DD/DTS			Yes	Yes	Q4 07

Inspired By BA's Blu Ray list I thought I would do one for HD DVD players, if anything is not accurate please let me know and I will edit it.

My current understanding (IFA) is that there will not be an E2. The Venturer will be filling that slot.

At the current time, there are no reported plans for an XE2 either (or an XA3 for the U.S.). However, we are expecting an (EDIT) EP35.

The Venturer model number is SHD7000
The Onkyo model number is DV-HD805
The Integra model number is DHS-8.8

EDIT (As mentioned below, the EP10 is being replaced by the EP30.)

I count them 9 makers til Q4 2007 :thumbsup:

Alpine, Integra, LG, Microsoft, Onkyo, Samsung, Shinco, Toshiba och Ventura :clap:

Not sure the model name of Shinco, bit it will come ;)

Why not add the US models including the 1st gens?

Also new 360's now come with HDMI. :thumbsup:

Code:
Toshiba HD-E1	DD/DTS/DD+/TRU-HD/DTS-HD	No	Yes	Now
[/QUOTE]

The HD-E1 does not have HDMI?? Well, my E1 does - or one that is masquerading as HDMI :rolleyes:

And the 360 does [I]not [/I]have HDMI (Unless you have an Elite).

Prob. best to list the Std. Xbox and the Elite as seperate machines..

Do none of them have DTS MA ? :eek:

Be nice if you listed the various sound outputs too, ie. analouge/optical/coaxial/hdmi , bitstream etc..

And considering the region free nature of HD-DVD I also think you should list the US models too.. :D When you get a minute. ;)

Prob. best to list the Std. Xbox and the Elite as seperate machines..

Do none of them have DTS MA ? :eek:

Be nice if you listed the various sound outputs too, ie. analouge/optical/coaxial/hdmi , bitstream etc..

And considering the region free nature of HD-DVD I also think you should list the US models too.. :D When you get a minute. ;)

none have MA as of yet. Will be on some models when firmware update hits. Also, there will be no replacement for the E1 so the E2 should be removed.

The HD-E1 does not have HDMI?? Well, my E1 does - or one that is masquerading as HDMI :rolleyes:

The columns are a bit out with the tabbing. The No is referring to 1080p output.

Cheers
Moosh

This is realy useful - thanks for posting this. And thanks to BadAss for the original idea in the BR forum :thumbsup:

One piece of info, that i would be interested to see would be the SD DVD upscaling chip name. Just a thought !

MB

And the 360 does not have HDMI (Unless you have an Elite).

Not entirely true as all new 360 premiums off the production line now come with HDMI as standard!

IMUSE INTRODUCES TRIPLE-FORMAT DVD PLAYERS: SIERRA HD AND POLESTAR HD

Colorado Springs, CO – 9/10/2007 – iMuse Electronics, Inc. is introducing two media players, the SIERRA HD and the POLESTAR HD, both supporting HD-DVD, Blu-ray, and standard DVD playback. :)

"The HDCP compliant SIERRA HD and POLESTAR HD support the display resolution of 1080p for HD-DVD and Blu-ray formats. Additionally, these players provide scalar technology for standard DVDÂ’s."

If any one wants to pm me or reply with any specs I have missed for current machines please do. since the blu ray list has prices and video decoder listed, is it worth "us" finding out chips in the machines? to offer a comparable list? only say yes, if your gonna help find out what they are :D

OMG I want royalties! :eek:

Or just add your thanks, I wanna hit 200 by the end of the night. :)

Code:
Player Name	Audio Decoder		1080P	HDMI	Release Date

Meridian		DD/DTS			Yes	Yes	??
I would remove the Meridian one. The announcement made 'on their behalf' was not sanctioned by them and erroneous - it was officially retracted by Meridian clarified simply as an announcement that they had joined the HD DVD Promotional Group rather than producing any specific hardware.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom