1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master Delay

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chips, May 21, 2002.

1. chips

chips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I need a Receiver with master digital delay, to correct lipsync problems caused by iscan. Am considering Onkyo 797 which I believe has this feature.

However, whilst the Onkyo 797 & Denon 3802 are a similar price in The States, in UK, due to heavy discounting on Denon, there is a huge difference.

Can anyone advise of a supplier who discounts the Onkyo, or of any other receiver that has this feature.

Thanks in anticipation.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    The only ones I know are the Denon 5803 (A1SR in Europe) or the upgraded 5800 (A1SE). Both a lot more expensive than the Onkyo you have mentioned as they are the Flagship amps.

3. chips

chips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks Jase, just seems a shame to pay £300 or £400 more for the Onkyo, which with the exception of the master delay, is a very similar spec to the 3802.

4. JDC

JDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after the same delay function in a processor - (I have a 5ch amp). Any suggestions below £1,000? Must be v.good with 2ch music.

5. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same requirement but could not find anything suitable. Eventually ended up buying a Denon AVC-A1SR.