Master & Commander R2 - get ready to hold onto your butts

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PR disc arrived in the post this morning, unfortunately I won't be able to watch it properly until tomorrow, but I've just put the first chapter on and O-M-G:eek: :eek: :eek:

Utterly stonking soundtrack. Only tried DTS, but if the rest of the film holds up like the first few minutes, we're in for a treat. Wonderful use of surrounds, with an atmospheric mix that sucks you in immediately, deep yet subtle bass and a shift in dynamics that will have you sucking in your breath.

I played it back at -5db and all I can say is :eek: :eek: :D :eek: :eek:

Can't wait to watch this properly - review should be up by Sunday.

its out already!? cant wait!

ad

I think it's out April 5th. It's a PR disc

Are the review discs exactly the same as consumers will buy as regards sound and picture detail ?

It's out in Spain now but I'm waiting for the R1 release. :)

oh..... id assumed you would get a bit of a head start, but thought it would only by a few days

well heres looking forward to april

ad

Originally posted by FoxyMulder
Are the review discs exactly the same as consumers will buy as regards sound and picture detail ?

Identical:)

I had a quick flick through before posting to Matt and have to agree that I was impressed with what i heard. I will be reviewing the R1 DVD soon.

Cdwow are showing the R1 version of Master & Commander having DTS, and not the R2 version- Does the R2 version have DTS as well:confused:

Well it was blasting out in my cinema room in DTS this morning:D

Picture quality is a different matter to the sound though:(

And surely thats half the story ;)

Whats wrong with it?

You're right, it is only half the story;) Full review should be up Sunday...

In case anyone prefers there is also a Collector's Version being released for region one...

attachment.php

I have the Reg1 collectors edition on pre order with DVD soon.
Dave.

Yep - another DVDSoon bargain :smashin:

What does everyone think of this film then? I saw it at the cinema and I was completely underwhelmed. I almost fell asleep. :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom