Master & Commander 12.99 @ play

its less than a tenner at dvdsoon

thanks for that Lazarus, will order from dvdsoon

the 2 disc version at dvd-soon is £14 thats the 1 disc version for under a tenner

Originally posted by john R1
the 2 disc version at dvd-soon is £14 thats the 1 disc version for under a tenner

Not as nice as the R1 though

Attachments

• masterandcommander.jpg
    masterandcommander.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 308
Ooh, that is lush! Do we get a digipack like that?

It does look nice, hope the R2 version is as good. Was going to order R1 but this was the single disk so went for R2 at £12.99 in the end.

Originally posted by Geezer
Not as nice as the R1 though

Nice! Are all regions 1s packaged like that?

i presume the fancy packaged one is the 2 disc reg 1, looked on dvd-soon and it says 2 disc version is 133 pan & scan aspec ratio what does this mean is it similar to the 235/240 ratio just checking before i order it

Originally posted by john R1
i presume the fancy packaged one is the 2 disc reg 1, looked on dvd-soon and it says 2 disc version is 133 pan & scan aspec ratio what does this mean is it similar to the 235/240 ratio just checking before i order it

It also says widescreen, so it has both widescreen and fullscreen

The 2 disk collectors edition was just over £10 a few days agon at DVDsoon as i ordered it, it has now gone up though

I fail to see why digipacks are classed as fancy packaging. Its just pieces of plastic glued to cardboard - very Blue Peter! In my experience the discs come off digipack spindles far easier than Amarays and being cardboard they're easier to damage. If you think they are doing this for any reason other to save money then you are mistaken.

I didnt say it was fancy packaging, it just looks a hell of lot better than the dull R2

Amaray cases do obviously wear a lot better than digipacks, but this does look such good packaging that i personally, if i had got my finger out, would have gone for R1 over R2 at the same price

I actually agree that it does look better but the spine is only visible unless you are actually watching it and if you are watching it you aren't looking at the packaging :)
The fact that digipacks also stick out further then amarays is also something that annoys me. Maybe I'm mad?

aye - the 2 disc version was one canadian dollar more than the single disc version

i had to cancel my order (for the single disc edition) and then put in a new order for the 2 disc version

dvdsoon always up the prices on preorders as the release date nears.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom