Master & Commander 12.99 @ play

lazarus

its less than a tenner at dvdsoon

inzaman

thanks for that Lazarus, will order from dvdsoon

Geezer

Originally posted by john R1
the 2 disc version at dvd-soon is £14 thats the 1 disc version for under a tenner

Not as nice as the R1 though

Attachments

• masterandcommander.jpg
    masterandcommander.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 295

inzaman

It does look nice, hope the R2 version is as good. Was going to order R1 but this was the single disk so went for R2 at £12.99 in the end.

Lex

Originally posted by Geezer
Not as nice as the R1 though

Nice! Are all regions 1s packaged like that?

john R1

Banned
i presume the fancy packaged one is the 2 disc reg 1, looked on dvd-soon and it says 2 disc version is 133 pan & scan aspec ratio what does this mean is it similar to the 235/240 ratio just checking before i order it

Geezer

Originally posted by john R1
i presume the fancy packaged one is the 2 disc reg 1, looked on dvd-soon and it says 2 disc version is 133 pan & scan aspec ratio what does this mean is it similar to the 235/240 ratio just checking before i order it

It also says widescreen, so it has both widescreen and fullscreen

F

F G Evans

The 2 disk collectors edition was just over £10 a few days agon at DVDsoon as i ordered it, it has now gone up though

Jwarl

I fail to see why digipacks are classed as fancy packaging. Its just pieces of plastic glued to cardboard - very Blue Peter! In my experience the discs come off digipack spindles far easier than Amarays and being cardboard they're easier to damage. If you think they are doing this for any reason other to save money then you are mistaken.

inzaman

Amaray cases do obviously wear a lot better than digipacks, but this does look such good packaging that i personally, if i had got my finger out, would have gone for R1 over R2 at the same price

Jwarl

I actually agree that it does look better but the spine is only visible unless you are actually watching it and if you are watching it you aren't looking at the packaging :)
The fact that digipacks also stick out further then amarays is also something that annoys me. Maybe I'm mad?

lazarus

aye - the 2 disc version was one canadian dollar more than the single disc version

i had to cancel my order (for the single disc edition) and then put in a new order for the 2 disc version

dvdsoon always up the prices on preorders as the release date nears.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Amazon Music HD drops subscription charge for lossless audio
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
GREAT! launches entertainment network on 25th May
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple Music subscribers get lossless tier and spatial audio from June
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
WarnerMedia and Discovery to merge under AT&T deal