Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World / Reboot / Prequel (TBC)

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
This should have happened 15 years ago.

SyStemDeMoN

Agreed. Might be too late now.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
It's a crying shame the studio never made a sequel. Especially after that ending! Not fussed over a prequel. May as well just start over now with a new take on it.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
It's a crying shame the studio never made a sequel. Especially after that ending! Not fussed over a prequel. May as well just start over now with a new take on it.
They could have made a number of films, there are twenty books in the series, which are very highly regarded too (I haven't read any myself).

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
My dad was a massive fan of sea-going Napoleonic war stories in literature, and always said they would make amazing films (not to mention horrific- all that flying iron and splintered wood would be utter carnage). Its a shame this corner of storytelling never captured the imagination of movie goers. I really hope this gets off the ground.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
I assume a prequel would be without Russell Crowe. So if it's the choice of another film but without him or no film at all... I would always choose the lesser of 2 weevils. I'll take the film without him... unless they can bookend it with Captain Flabjack having a flashback 🤔 that'd work nicely for me, it's one of my favourite of Russell Crowe's roles

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom